INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to add a custom tag field to the Tags?  (Read 2097 times)

baldo

• World Citizen
how to add a custom tag field to the Tags?
« on: March 12, 2019, 09:06:56 am »

In the Tags field I see that there are load of fields.  Is there some way to add a custom Tag field with its own label. 

For example, if I wanted to add field called "Opera Name" and then I could list all the operas that I have in my collection. Or perhaps a field called "Symphony Name" so I could list all the symphonies. There is already one called Composer so I can list all the composers in that field.

Many thanks.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: how to add a cutom tag field to the Tags?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 09:30:35 am »

right click the header add the custom field then highlight the tracks you want to be "whatever" and hit F2 and give it a name....you must click on that exact field for the F2 to highlight it....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

Re: how to add a cutom tag field to the Tags?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 10:02:51 am »

I think what you want to do is add a custom field to MC's database.  You can do that via:

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > manage library fields

You might want to read up on that function in the wiki:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Fields

Good luck.

Brian.

baldo

• World Citizen
Re: how to add a custom tag field to the Tags?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 05:05:05 pm »

Prefect. Just what I needed.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your fast input on this.

Have a great a day.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: how to add a custom tag field to the Tags?
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 09:05:06 pm »

Also note that there are already fields in MC called [Movement], [Movement Count], [Movement Number], [Work], [Show Work Movement], [Conductor], etc. that might be what you want to use. Have a look through the full field list before adding a new one.

But creating a new custom field is easy and will carry forward with upgrades.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up