INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISOs won't play and default audio language setting  (Read 572 times)

Skyx

• Recent member
ISOs won't play and default audio language setting
« on: March 12, 2019, 04:17:28 pm »

Dear all,

I'm still trying to set up MC to my liking... sth similar I had with Kodi and I'm a huge step in the right direction...
I've copied and configured my MadVR version and settings into the plugins. I installed latest 32bit LAV Filters (apparently 64bit won't show in ROHQ custom settings), configured custom ROHQ so it would use LAV filters and splitter and managed to find a very nice Theater Skin. Usability of the UI and Quality of Videos up to UHD format are outstanding. My Harmony works flawless and I'm sure I will be able to program some missing Keys to custom buttons.

A big pain was (and to some extend) is the scraper... having nfos without properly named pictures (Kodi works a bit different) left me with videos loaded into my library, that had the right description but no corresponding artwork... deleting the nfos didn't help, the scraper wouldn't refresh... I had to manually import the movies to get them updated.
Also automatic updates wouldn't find a new folder/movie... had to go through the file explorer and select the movie manually.
Yesterday I had an iso image... there was no way I could make MC detect this file and load it into the library... strangely even the file explorer wouldn't even show the new directory... I figured it might be a corrupt file, so I gave up and deleted it.
I just tested a full BR iso.
It would start with some ad intro and even show the BR menu :-) but selecting a chapter made the player jump to the beginning of the chapter and loop the frame it found there... audio was running as if the movie was playing correctly. Same problem happens if I ffwd or jump to the next chapter in an iso that doesn't have a BR Menu... I experienced the exact same behaviour using MPC BE... wonder if it could be a filter problem... gonna try some default filters.
Edit: just tried an UHD iso. A file that I know for a fact, was running fine, including menus and selecting chapters... it shows the same problems now...
ANY advice is more than appreciated.
How can I revert my LAV filter upgrade ?

All my movies (and also the scraper) seem to use english as a default language... is there a way to configure default audio language for the movies and is there a way to have the scraper set to eg. german. My movie files are named acc to the german movie title... scraping using this title in a database using english language will not produce many hits :-)

Big thanks for any input.
Sky

Skyx

• Recent member
Re: ISOs won't play and default audio language setting
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 04:52:59 pm »

Success... but I don't know the implications...

I tested the UHD iso after I switched from custom/extended video mode to ROHQ (my display is german, dunno the exact english names of the settings), to no avail... actually it got worse as it would only show the windows explorer with the mounted iso.
Then I removed the LAV video filter from the custom video modus rules... originally I had 3 rules: Video Decoder, Audio Decoder both set to LAV and Video Renderer set to MadVR.
After I removed the LAV Video Filter from my custom rules, the UHD and also the BR iso works fine again... movie and menu.

Really lost now...
Pages: [1]   Go Up