INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View progress bar overlay w/ FF & RW randomly don't appear, video only.  (Read 863 times)

Belarathon

• World Citizen

Hello: 

I've spent considerable time searching on the forum for this issue, but the answer eludes.  I control JRiver via Harmony and a custom profile using Intelliremote.  However, the remote doesn't seem to be part of the issue.

Because while playing videos in Theater View, about twenty percent of the time, the panel showing progress bar, time remaining, rating, clock, etc. cannot be called...even by the keyboard itself.  In other words, if I were to open Theater View and navigate through and play a list of videos, about 1 in 4 or 5 videos played will not show the overlay, and consequently, the video cannot be fast forwarded or rewound.  if the back button is used, and the video is reloaded, the overlay will appear and navigation can occur.  This issue is consistently repeatable.  It's worth noting that this issue does not occur whilst playing audio files while in Theater Mode.

I'm stumped.   Any help would be appreciated!

TIA
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

Belarathon

• World Citizen

To clarify, using the left or right arrow keys won't rewind or fast forward; nor is the navigation overlay invoked by same.
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

I wonder if maybe Theater View lost keyboard focus? I've never experienced (or heard of) the Playback OSD otherwise not working.
If you have a mouse connected, you could try clicking onto Theater View if this happens, and see if that remedies it.

Not sure what might cause a focus loss like that though, maybe another application in the background doing something.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Belarathon

• World Citizen

Good thought...I was thinking along the same lines.  I looked for an 'always on top' option for theater view, but haven't found one.  It's odd that it doesn't occur with audio though.  Perhaps a codec interface is loading in the systray? I'll have to check it out.

Hendrik

• Administrator

Theater View should already set itself Always on Top to the best of its abilities, but an eager application could still disrupt that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team

I don't think it works as intended then.  I have the same problem with my remote.  if I click on the mouse, then everything starts working again.  I assume it brings theater view back as the active window.  I have nothing else running in the background.
Pages: [1]   Go Up