INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After conversion APE -> Flac (ogg Transportlayer) MC can not play the songs  (Read 1876 times)

geier22

• Galactic Citizen

Hello, I have a problem:
MC 24 currently has some problems displaying thumbnails in the detail view, and MC (almost) never saves the images in the tag.
Most of the time the pictures are displayed at some point, even though they are present in "Playing Now".

Now I had a few * .ape files where the thumbnails have not been displayed for days. But the cover is saved in the cover art directory.
I thought maybe it was the format and converted the songs to flac. In the options I additionally selected "Use Ogg transport layer" (* .ogg)

The result has more than surprised me ?:

MC threw the files out of the library and is also unable to play the self-converted tracks.

Code: [Select]
Something went wrong with playback
All other players play the converted songs without complaint. Features read with Mediainfo that MC no longer plays:
As you can see, no tags were taken over.

General
Complete name: /media/Musik/Roberta_Flack/I'm_The_One/Roberta_Flack_-_I'm_The_One_-_09_-_my_love_for_you.ogg
Format: Ogg
Format / Info: Free Lossless Audio Codec
File size: 18.4 MiB
Duration: 3 min 23 s
Overall bit rate mode: variable
Overall bit rate: 759 kb / s

Audio
ID: 883838521 (0x34AE4E39)
Format: FLAC
Format / Info: Free Lossless Audio Codec
Duration: 3 min 23 s
Bit rate mode: Variable
Channel (s): 2 channels
Channel layout: L R
Sampling rate: 44.1 kHz
Bit depth: 16 bits
Compression mode: Lossless
Writing library: libFLAC 1.3.1 (UTC 2014-11-25)

When I try to tag the file, this error message comes up:

Media Center encountered errors while tagging or moving files.
Check that the files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs.
Tagging error: /media/music////_-__-_00_-_and_so_it_goes.ogg

The log shows that MC does not find the files, even though they are in "recently imported".
Debian Testing x64 (multiarch) Xfce
TEAC UD-H01 - Yamaha A-S1000 /
Midrange- Studiomonitore by FÖÖN
AsRock Z390 Extreme4- Intel Core i9 9900/ 32 GB Ram

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

Those filenames look weird, is that the actual name/path of the files? (in the third quote)

Note that FLAC-in-Ogg is relatively uncommon, and unless you have a very specific reason for wanting that, I would advise against using that format.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

geier22

• Galactic Citizen

Those filenames look weird, is that the actual name/path of the files? (in the third quote)
Note that FLAC-in-Ogg is relatively uncommon, and unless you have a very specific reason for wanting that, I would advise against using that format.

Yes I know that. I had never used FLAC-in-Ogg before. It was an attempt because MC has some problem displaying thumbnails.

The correct path is in the log line:

0603209: 140555769342976: Database: CMediaDatabase :: RemoveFileAbsolute: Filename: /media/Music/Roberta_Flack/Oasis/Roberta_Flack_-_Oasis_-_07_-_and_so_it_goes.ogg Mode: 0 Track: 0

Even if I call the song from the file manager, this error message comes from MC. I have now moved the files to my / home and deleted them from the library.
Nevertheless, MC can not play these files. All other players have no problems.

Log from opening the file from the File Manager

Edit:

Nice:
if I rename the file ogg -> flac, MC plays the song easily. I think that's a bug.
Debian Testing x64 (multiarch) Xfce
TEAC UD-H01 - Yamaha A-S1000 /
Midrange- Studiomonitore by FÖÖN
AsRock Z390 Extreme4- Intel Core i9 9900/ 32 GB Ram

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

I think the problem is that when MC encounters an ogg file, it thinks it should be OggVorbis, and when it then cannot play it, it considers it a "bad" file.
If you rename it .flac, the FLAC input plugin handles it, which can handle both plain FLAC and FLAC-in-Ogg.

We would probably have to somehow detect the difference to make that work, the input plugin system is unfortunately a bit rigid and tied to one plugin per type pretty much.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up