INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC to Bluetooth?  (Read 1846 times)

Shanna

• Recent member
MC to Bluetooth?
« on: March 20, 2019, 05:32:05 pm »

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to play music from MC24 to other devices, like bluetooth headphones and a speaker. Every time I select a different device (from Options>Audio>Audio Device), I get the same error message (see image).

I can play music to the headphones and speaker via bluetooth on my Mac or phone and I have played music over wifi to the speaker. I'm not sure what's wrong or what settings to change. The wiki and other posts haven't clarified this for me.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC to Bluetooth?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 07:54:13 am »

MC is telling you that your playback device (maybe bluetooth?) does NOT accept 44.1kHz audio.  Bluetooth devices commonly only accept 48kHz audio.  So you need to explicitly tell MC to convert 44.1k to 48k for this particular device.  This probably sounds weird.  Why would you need to tell the player to do this when so many other players just play?  The answer is that MC is a very precise, high sound quality player.  As such it doesn't do audio conversions unless you TELL IT TO.  Here's how you tell it:

Player > DSP Studio > Output format (checked) > Sample Rate > (change the 44.1 input column so that it shows 48 as the output)

You might have to restart MC to have this take effect.  You will DEFINITELY need to do this for each affected device individually.  The DSP settings are specific to each device.  This shouldn't be too much effort; I'm guessing you only have 2 or 3 devices.

Good luck!

Brian.

Shanna

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 02:24:31 pm »

Thank you Brian!!

I saw a similar discussion when trying to figure this out and was changing the wrong field so I was so lost. Seems like the speaker is working just fine now, off to adjust for the headphones!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 05:04:04 pm »

Happy to hear you are up and playing!  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up