INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Track Info Plug in - Fields that include ( )  (Read 2696 times)

mvandyke

• World Citizen
Problems with Track Info Plug in - Fields that include ( )
« on: August 11, 2021, 11:35:07 am »

I've heavily modified one of the track info plugs in order to add a variety of custom fields that I've added through McUtils and the AMG website.  It all is working just fine but I now have a problem with fields that include ().  For example I have a field called AMG Composer Biography (short) in which McUtils grabs that field from AMG.  It does populate in JRiver but when I try to display it in the Trackinfo Plug in it will not display properly.  I have 20 custom ields that all display properly - with the exception of those that include (XXX).

I'm using:

<div class="aartist"><span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(AMG Composer Biography (short))"> <p>Composer Bio:   TrackInfo_Insert(AMG Composer Biography (short))</span></div>

What displays is this

As you can see it does it for the field above and the AMG Artist Biography (short) field also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problems with Track Info Plug in - Fields that include ( )
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 11:44:14 am »

November 24, 2020 this change was added:
Changed: Track info markers for TrackInfo_Insert will try to better handle fields with parenthesis in the name.

And I just tested and it's still working for me.

I tried this: TrackInfo_Insert(Test (paren)) with a field named "Test (paren)".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 01:14:11 pm »

I'm guessing it is one of my plugins you are trying to modify and I think the problem may well be that you have the span inside the div and not the div inside the span, which is how I do it in my plugins.

Try This:-

Change:-
<div class="aartist"><span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(AMG Composer Biography (short))"> <p>Composer Bio:   TrackInfo_Insert(AMG Composer Biography (short))</span></div>

To:-
<span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(AMG Composer Biography (short))"> <div class="aartist">Composer Bio:   TrackInfo_Insert(AMG Composer Biography (short))</div>
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 01:40:03 pm »

I'm guessing it is one of my plugins you are trying to modify and I think the problem may well be that you have the span inside the div and not the div inside the span, which is how I do it in my plugins.

Try This:-

Change:-

To:-
<span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(AMG Composer Biography (short))"> <div class="aartist">Composer Bio:   TrackInfo_Insert(AMG Composer Biography (short))</div>

I can't seem to get it to work either of the ways that Matt or EnglistTiger recommened.

I still get the following display (see attached)

Here is some of the actual code that I'm using.  Also Album Date Recorded which uses the field Date (released) should not display but it does.  Something weird with (XXX)

<div class="aartist"><span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(AMG Artist Members)"> Artist Members:  TrackInfo_Insert(AMG Artist Members)</span></div>

<div class="aartist"><span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(Composer1)"> <p>Composer(s):   TrackInfo_Insert(Composer1) </span></div>

<div class="aartist"><span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(AMG Composer Biography (short))"> <p>Org Composer Bio:   TrackInfo_Insert(AMG Composer Biography (short))</span></div>

<div class="aartist"><span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(Mastering)"> Album Mastering:   TrackInfo_Insert(Mastering)</span></div>
  <div class="aartist"><span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(Date (recorded))"> Album Date Recorded:   TrackInfo_Insert(Date recorded)</span></div>
  <div class="aartist"><span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(Rec locations)"> Recording Locations:   TrackInfo_Insert(Rec locations)</span></div>

Thanks in advance for helping a not very strong programmer  ;)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 06:10:56 am »

Album Date Recorded which uses the field Date (released) should not display but it does.  Something weird with (XXX)

<div class="aartist"><span class="TRUETrackInfo_Insert(Date (recorded))"> Album Date Recorded:   TrackInfo_Insert(Date recorded)</span></div>

The reason why Album Date Recorded gets displayed on the webpage is because you made a simple mistake that's all too easy to make, the Tag/Field Name has to be exactly the same in both parts of the statement.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 07:48:08 am »

I got a lot of help from English Tiger to clean up my coding (Thanks so much), but still had the same problem.

I took the easy way out and just recreated new field names without the ( ) in name.  All is working well now.

Special shout out to English Tiger for his help.  It will definitely help me in the future with additional changes.

Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up