INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Solved) Can't restore MC25 registration code from within MC25.0.15  (Read 1156 times)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen

The Help  > Registration Code box has an example code which can not be deleted so that I can enter the MC25 master license code I already have to restore my MC25 license which I originally installed in MC24.

3/23/19 - 9:00AM: Tried it again this AM and now it seems to be working OK. Not sure what the problem was last night. It seems that the example registration code will not disappear when you copy/paste your new registration code into the box. This makes it appear as if it's not working, or so I surmise.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: (Solved) Can't restore MC25 registration code from within MC25.0.15
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 08:09:56 am »

Odd, that sounds like a focus issue. If you see other focus issues will you let us know?

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 08:58:07 am »

Will do Bob.

But, every time that I open that particular window for the reg. code in MC25, the same thing happens: the example code will not disappear when I enter my reg. code.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 09:15:14 am »

Will do Bob.

But, every time that I open that particular window for the reg. code in MC25, the same thing happens: the example code will not disappear when I enter my reg. code.
You are using ubuntu 18?
Which Desktop/WM?
I can't seem to duplicate that here...

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 09:59:01 am »

I'm using 18.04LTS/Gnome.

I can't re-enter my reg. code anymore because it was, somehow, accepted when I pasted it in the first time, even though the example reg.code did not disappear from the screen at the time I hit the enter key.  I also noted that the "Registration Info" screen did not show I was registered at that point. It was only after I tried this several times, that I made the post figuring it might be a bug. The following morning, I received an email with a new "mjr" file from JRiver (it must have come automatically when I pasted in my Reg. Code the night before).  I never used the "mjr" file because when I restarted MC25.0.15 and looked at the Registration Info box, I saw that I was now registered. As I said, it's a mystery to me what happened.

I think this is/was possibly a one time glitch after I installed the new MC25 from the command line (as opposed to the "deb" file); temporarily keeping MC24 in parallel. I have since removed MC24 from my computer and MC25 seems to be working OK.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS
Pages: [1]   Go Up