INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removed files come back; can't update files or M J  (Read 1260 times)

NBachers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Removed files come back; can't update files or M J
« on: August 25, 2003, 09:34:22 pm »

I've got multiple people on my computer.  I'm trying to start my own Media Jukebox library (MJ Plus version 8.0.393.)  I tried to Select All from the default library and Paste it into my new one, but that didn't work.  So I opened up my new empty library and searched for files, and loaded all the files into my new library.  I'm going down the 1800+ files and right clicking the ones I don't want and using the Remove function.  Unfortunately, the Removed files keep coming back into my library.  How many times do I have to purge all these 1800+ files before the ones I want to remove stay removed?
    ALSO-  I'd like to update, but every time I go to Help and click Check for Updates, I get a message saying Failed to Connect to Server - even when I'm online and connected to the Media Jukebox website.  What's the problem?
     ALSO-  I'd like to Update Library.  Unfortunately, File or any of the other entries on the Toolbar don't have an Update Library feature.  How do I find it?

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: Removed files come back; can't update files or
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 06:05:24 am »

;D

what is your system?

is it win98?

i found this  trouble on win98 when i had multiple users.

i had to go to  every desktop and install the media jukebox on every one of them  and if i updated on one i had to update on all it was  strange  but i thought it was just my computer?  your the first i  seen that says anything like what i was  having.?

but  you might be on winMe or winXp  and if that is the case i  think the  system restore is putting them  back.

but you just might be   getting the same thing i got on win98 that wont   let you update it,  even though it is on winxp,  you might have to  go to the orginal desktop that installed it and update from that one.

multiple users is tricky on windows and it makes some programs go crazy on you.  but i believe it is completely the fault of windows not mjb. 8)

roving cowboy / keith hall

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Removed files come back; can't update files or
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 04:21:49 pm »

(MJ Plus version 8.0.393

thats also an old version
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up