INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding a watched folder from an external drive  (Read 1064 times)

songsequencer

• Recent member
Adding a watched folder from an external drive
« on: March 24, 2019, 02:02:40 am »

I just installed Media Center 25 for Mac (my first time to use JRiver).  Without me taking any action other than starting the program, it automatically imported every movie and photo on my computer!  I only want to use Media Center for music (at least for now).  I managed to delete all of that.  As for my music, it's on an external drive.  When I go to Tools-->Options-->Configure Auto-Import, under "Add folders you would like the program to watch," in the Folders section, when I click the Add button, it only gives me a dropdown box of three folders: Music, Photos, and Movies, on my iMac's internal drive.  Even though my external drive is connected and showing in the Finder, the drive is not showing in this drop-down list, so I cannot add it to enable me to access my music.  How do I do this?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Adding a watched folder from an external drive
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 02:06:45 am »

not a clue here...I don't have a mac...this board is for windows...maybe a mac guru will be along to help....good luck

or maybe you could post your ? on the mac board.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=61.0
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 07:54:56 am »

To the right of the drop down you referred to is a browse button. Click that and you can navigate to the drives/folders you want to add.

songsequencer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 10:43:52 pm »

To the right of the drop down you referred to is a browse button. Click that and you can navigate to the drives/folders you want to add.
Thank you Magic_Randy!  Now my music is imported from my external hard drive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up