INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imported albums not registering genre or album artist  (Read 764 times)

novice2

• Recent member
Imported albums not registering genre or album artist
« on: March 24, 2019, 04:23:07 pm »

What setting do I need to change so that it will include genre and album artist when I import? How do I go back for all the albums that are currently missing these?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Imported albums not registering genre or album artist
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 08:56:48 pm »

If you imported the files and the fields weren't completed in MC, then the file didn't have values in those tags.

If you ripped a CD of those tracks, and the  fields weren't completed in MC, then the Cd wasn't in the JRiver online CD database (YADB), so MC couldn't add the metadata.

How do you add the values?
Find out what the values should be, select the tracks, and edit the MC field to the correct value.

Search the Wiki for more information.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up