INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joining/Splitting Tracks?  (Read 817 times)

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
Joining/Splitting Tracks?
« on: March 25, 2019, 11:00:48 am »

Is it possible to join/split tracks within JRiver?

I ripped an audiobook CD that has chapters split across multiple tracks on the CD, I want to join three or four tracks into a single track for each chapter. I don't want to use links, I want to create one FLAC file per chapter. Is this functionality available within JRiver yet?

Also, for CDs with hidden tracks, it'd be great if we could split tracks at a certain time stamp as well, which would be the reverse of the above feature.

I know I can do both of the above in separate audio programs, and currently do, but it'd be great to have this functionality included natively in JRiver.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Joining/Splitting Tracks?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:07:58 am »

For joining, you know the answers I know:  JRiver doesn't do real joins, but has "links", which are better than a join in many cases for me.  For a real join I would use an external program.

For splits, the only answer I know of with JRiver is Playback Range.  In each track you can set the Playback Range to start and stop at particular time stamps.  So for crazy songs with "hidden tracks" and ton of silence in the middle, you can create two tracks and put time ranges on them.  Or you can use an external program and cut out the silence producing 1 or 2 tracks.    Playback Range is a standard library field that you can edit for each track.

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Joining/Splitting Tracks?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 05:01:00 pm »

Note also that the MC Convert Format respects the Playback Range settings, so you can set a range, convert, and it will create a file from just that range. Re-set the range on the original file, convert again, and you have a second track in its own file.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up