INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote first few connections results in MC25 crashes - [Solved]  (Read 640 times)

erviv

• World Citizen

I have downloaded MC25 to my rpi. I now have both MC24 and MC25 on the rpi, but not running concurrently.  I have no issues playing music using MC24 via JRemote.
However, When I connect to MC25 I noticed that the thumbnails are slow to build and most don’t build at all, just show a blank page and several times MC25 has crashed while scrolling through the albums in JRemote.
I shutdown 25 and started 24 and noticed the thumbnails build quickly and completely, and no crashes.
Is there a communication issue between JRemote and MC25?

Further investigation revealed that the same problem initially appeared with MC25 on my MacBook Pro.  Remote behaved fine with MC24, thumbnails built extremely fast and no crashes.  On my first interface JRemote and MC25 on the Mac, the thumbnails built slowly and incompletely and MC 25 crashed.  I opened MC24 and no issues. So I re-opened Mac MC25, after closing MC24 and noticed that the thumbnails where building faster now and MC25 did not crash.
So I reopened the JRemote to  rpi MC25 connection, and without playing anything or performing any other function watched the thumbnails build - very slowly.  What took about 15seconds on JRemote with MC24, has taken over 10minutes and counting with JRemote and rpi MC25, but no crashes yet. Reconnected JRemote to Mac MC25 and now thumbnails building rapidly without issue.
Reconnected JRemote to rpi MC25 and observed that thumbnails have built reasonably quickly. So I am speculating that JRemote or MC25 remembers thumbnails build in JRemote by MC version (thinking about this it must be something in MC25, as the access code between JRemote and MC25 is the same as the access code for MC24) and once fully built the overload issue disappears.  Something to be aware of if that is the case, as I have yet to connect JRemote to my second rpi.  Although I do not recall this with MC24.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

erviv

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote first few connections results in MC25 crashes resolved
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 07:23:34 am »

It was a thumbnails related issue. I connected to my second rpi this morning and saw that all thumbnails were built. I then connected to it with JRemote and no issues.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).
Pages: [1]   Go Up