INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebRemote Play terminates MC9 Runtime Error  (Read 848 times)

gkerber

WebRemote Play terminates MC9 Runtime Error
« on: May 18, 2003, 07:05:44 pm »

When using WebRemote from my wireless PDA or from a local browser on the same machine running MC9 and pressing PLAY for any album, MC9 terminates as shown below:

I can rule out the PDA in happens from a browser on the PC.

I can select "Playing Now" and select a track from that list no problem, just can't "play" an album.

I can see all my playlists, just can't do PLAY.ftp://

gkerber

Re: WebRemote Play terminates MC9 Runtime Error
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 12:26:58 pm »

This is still broken in v90175.

It seems somehow related to the number of albums/tracks that the PLAY button will have to play.

There is not an absolue number, it might be related to the level AND the number of tracks being asked to PLAY.

The problem occurs when just running WebRemote using a local browser on your PC, no wireless devices required, using Netscape 7 and IE.

Try it, bring up WebRemote in a browers and press PLAY on various large artist groups or maybe AUDIO, it core dumps MC as shown the the top level  post in this thread.

I have removed and reinstalled the webremote plugin.  There does not seem to be a webremote plug in for v9.

I'm hoping someone from MC development will test this out and let us all know if this is an MC bug or something goofy in my computer.  I don't think anything in my computer should be able to terminate MC this way.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 04:20:07 pm »

Don't use WebRemote with V9 now.  RemoteServer is built-in and does the same thing.  Setup is under options/startup.

gkerber

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 04:33:24 pm »

Cool - works like a charm.  I had no idea about RemoteServer.

I unistalled WebRemote and started up RemoteServer, all is well.  I was worried my pda investment was wasted.

Thanks for the reply!
Pages: [1]   Go Up