INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas for Organizing Maxi singles from Albums?  (Read 764 times)

Joeycococo

• Junior Woodchuck
Ideas for Organizing Maxi singles from Albums?
« on: April 01, 2019, 08:54:46 am »

I have a vast Prince collection and would like to separate his albums from his many many maxi singles/misc one off releases.  I have set a Customized View which sorts all the albums by release year but the many misc releases clutter up this view. I have taken a measure to re-tag all Misc releases as 'MISC' for Album and '2032' for Date so that they appear at the end of the listing.  However, I'm thinking there must be a better way to do this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Negasonic

• World Citizen
Re: Ideas for Organizing Maxi singles from Albums?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 08:14:48 pm »

Here is what I personally do:

First, I would strongly suggest to keep correct album names and dates etc...

I have a custom Field named 'Album Format' where I put, for instance, 'CDM' if it is a CD Maxi-Single.

Then, if I wanted to, I could just add a rule (Customize View/Set rules for file display/Add new rule) where I put 'Album Format' - 'is not any' - 'CDM'.

That is one way to hide a certain type of albums.
Then you could set up another view where you only show albums which are tagged as 'CDM', for instance.

Or you could use a Panes view where you add 'Album Format' as one of the categories and then you could, in the same view, quickly switch between seeing all albums, only the singles or only the "regular" albums. As long as they all have been properly tagged with the correct format.

Personally I want all the singles to show up next to albums, basically all official releases next to each other. What I don't want to see are unofficial releases, like live bootlegs for instance, which I have a lot of for certain artists and which can make it look really cluttered. So these are hidden from all my views except for one specific view where I only show the artists and albums that are tagged, in another custom field, as unofficial.

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 03:22:54 am »

I would suggest either adding a custom field, or adding a keyword tag to the appropriate albums and filtering your views based on that.

Joeycococo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 10:07:07 am »

Personally I want all the singles to show up next to albums, basically all official releases next to each other. What I don't want to see are unofficial releases, like live bootlegs for instance, which I have a lot of for certain artists and which can make it look really cluttered. So these are hidden from all my views except for one specific view where I only show the artists and albums that are tagged, in another custom field, as unofficial.
I like this view you are describing where the CDM is listed within the folder where the album is from which the CDM is from.  Sorry, are you able to send a few screenshots to show me how you set this up? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up