INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic Sound Output Selection  (Read 1047 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe
Automatic Sound Output Selection
« on: April 01, 2019, 07:24:06 pm »

Hello everyone,
just switched to Windows 10, but use Media Center since version 11...
Why does MC24 not automatically switch sound output according to the zone settings ?
We have a "House" zone and a "Theater" zone besides others. The "House" zone uses "Default" speakers,
the "Theater" has to switch to "Digital Output" as it is connected to a 8/2 channel sound processor.
There might be an option setting, but we couldn't find it.
With Windows 7 and 8 it was automatic. Since the switch to Windows 10 (which we hate)
we have to switch the sound output manually (which is a bit annoying, to be honest) every time
we switch zones.
Who can help ?
Very much appreciated !
Thanks

globetrotters1

Re: Automatic Sound Output Selection
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 07:44:00 pm »

why do I have to do it by hand every time I switch zones if it worked flawlessly in Win7 and Win8 ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 07:57:34 pm »

Turn on and set up ZoneSwitch. You probably had it turned on in when you were running W7 & W8.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76605.0

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

globetrotters1

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 07:38:00 am »

Thanks, I try it out

Must say that we never changed anything in that section when changing to Win10
But thanks a lot

globetrotters1

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 06:56:44 am »

Well, I'm sorry, but that doesn't work.

I always have to go into the sound settings of Windows 10
and switch manually from analog to digital output when
I switch zones...

So who knows the trick to make it work as it did before ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 07:32:34 am »

Try re-reading the setup instructions carefully.  ZoneSwitch hasn't changed.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 08:01:51 am »

You should never have to go into the sound settings of Windows 10 to switch manually from analog to digital output. That can only mean that you are switching the Default Audio Device in Windows, and therefore you must be outputting audio from MC to the Default Audio Device. That is wrong. The Zones you have created should be associated with the output device you want to use for that Zone, analogue or digital output.

Windows 10 changed a lot of stuff to do with audio management. It seems you haven't adjusted MC to accommodate the changes.

Review both the Audio Setup and Zones Wiki articles, in addition to ZoneSwitch.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

globetrotters1

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 01:07:20 pm »

ok, thanks for the tips
we'll see
Pages: [1]   Go Up