INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote 3.28 is Add to playlist working? - SOLVED  (Read 1478 times)

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
JRemote 3.28 is Add to playlist working? - SOLVED
« on: April 14, 2019, 10:44:57 am »

I am running Media Center 25 on an IMac OS 10.14.4 and have JRemote 3.28 on an 11 inch Ipad Pro IOS 12.2.

Add to Playlist will not work for me, I get the message saying track has been added but when I check nothing has happened.  I can add to playlist directly on Media Centre no problem.

This feature has worked on JRemote in the past. Has anybody got it working on the latest versions?

Any idea if this is a bug or I am missing somthing?

Thanks for any help ...
Karl

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote 3.28 is Add to playlist working?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 03:12:29 am »

Does no-one use this function?

Its was such a great feature!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 12:28:15 pm »

Does no-one use this function?

Its was such a great feature!
You need to have authentication turned on in Media Network and have JRemote configured to use it.

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 08:17:37 am »

Thanks for replying Bob

I have Authentication turned on and configured on jremote.

I can’t set ratings either.

Any other thoughts?

I also tried panel, settings - set up authentication - then network, show network properties and scan for networks neither function returned any values.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 10:39:25 am »

Thanks for replying Bob

I have Authentication turned on and configured on jremote.

I can’t set ratings either.

Any other thoughts?

I also tried panel, settings - set up authentication - then network, show network properties and scan for networks neither function returned any values.
Your library isn't read-only or something?
I just tried the ratings (easiest to test) and it worked perfectly.

Generic Checklist:
--
You have authentication turned on in MC?
You are using the full authentication user and pass not the read-only one?
JRemote is for sure using that user and password? (it will connect read-only if the user/pass is wrong if read-only is configured for all)

If all of these are good, perhaps delete the server from JRemote, close JRemote, double tap swipe it out of memory and re-add the server double checking the authentication.

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 05:23:08 pm »

Yes to all your checklist Bob.

I removed the server from JRemote swiped out of memory and re-added server.

When I try to set ratings I now get a pop up window saying I need to set Authentication with directions on how to do it.

I got it to work by changing read only authentication to username and password and then in the login set username and password.

I am a bit confused as it looked like I had to put user name and password in both Authentication and Read Only, however it is working and I can set ratings and add to playlist. Thanks.

I am still finding Media Center window freezes on my Imac after a couple of minutes but still works from JRemote, this also occurs when it is the only window open. This has been happening on previous builds. How can I get help on this Bob?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 08:35:31 am »

Yes to all your checklist Bob.

I removed the server from JRemote swiped out of memory and re-added server.

When I try to set ratings I now get a pop up window saying I need to set Authentication with directions on how to do it.

I got it to work by changing read only authentication to username and password and then in the login set username and password.

I am a bit confused as it looked like I had to put user name and password in both Authentication and Read Only, however it is working and I can set ratings and add to playlist. Thanks.

I am still finding Media Center window freezes on my Imac after a couple of minutes but still works from JRemote, this also occurs when it is the only window open. This has been happening on previous builds. How can I get help on this Bob?
Is it possible you have a popup window underneath the main window?
You can ctrl-click on the MC icon in the Dock and do "Show all Windows" to see if there is one open in the background.

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote 3.28 is Add to playlist working? - SOLVED
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 05:53:13 am »

I had already checked for hidden windows....

However since sorting out the problem with authentication by also setting read only it appears to have solved the freezing issue as well... Definitely behaving differently!

Thanks for you help Bob. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up