INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search expression to exclude (hide) files in a view  (Read 624 times)

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
Search expression to exclude (hide) files in a view
« on: April 19, 2019, 09:44:58 am »

I have a view scheme for movies, from which I would like to exclude (hide) some B+W movies that are minor quality... So to add to my 'rules for file display', I formed a search rule (expression) as 'custom modifier' like this:

Code: [Select]
-[[Rating]=<=2 [Farbe/SW]=[S-W]]
That should translate to "Black+white movies reated 2 or lower"... (using the custom field [Farbe/SW]=[S-W] I created for b+w videos). The initial '-' character should exclude (= not show) the files meeting the criteria that follow in square brackets, with double bracing to read like a 'x and y' operator, (not 'x or y') -- only files meeting both criteria should be excluded!

But unfortunately this expression has no effect. Can any of you help me do it right, please!?
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

MrBiff

• World Citizen
Re: Search expression to exclude (hide) files in a view
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 11:39:34 am »

(-[Rating]=<=2 or -[Farbe/SW]=[S-W])

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Search expression to exclude (hide) files in a view
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 12:05:38 pm »

(-[Rating]=<=2 or -[Farbe/SW]=[S-W])

Thank you, that seems to work... To my sursprise, as I thought "OR" will return (i.e. exclude in this reverse case) files that are either B+W OR below 2 stars...
But the Wizard simply turns the '<=2' around to '=>2' (so rather including than excluding), and shows the round braces before and after both of the two Rating & BW search fields...

Fairly confusing to me, but as long as it works... ;-)
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)
Pages: [1]   Go Up