INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonore DLNA  (Read 1090 times)

muslhead

• Recent member
Sonore DLNA
« on: April 19, 2019, 09:40:01 pm »

I just purchased the license and am now having problems with my setup, hoping some experts can point me in the right direction.

i have a sonore urendu being used as a dlna server and attached to my library of music (flac and dsf only) on my NAS. VIA the usb connection on the rendu i have a chord qutest as my DAC which then outputs to my stereo.
I have setup MC24 exactly as mentioned in the dlna-jriverwiki. the rendu is recognized as is my library of music. So far so good.

In the media network i have set up my dlna server to use audiophile 24 bit DAC with the mode = "original". Since i chose that there are no other options.

Selecting a song or songs they play fine EXCEPT for clicks and pops. Searches tell me that this may be a buffering issue and to adjust settings. But because of the output mode selected, i have no way to adjust buffering settings. The only way i can see to make those changes is to get to DSP is to change format from original to PCM.

I  have tried dozens of different configurations and i get nothing but noise and no music when trying PCM
After dozens of hours trying to do this via search, trial and error, i am hoping someone will take pity on my lack of experience and help me out. Please!

The other thing is that even when able to play, the chord is telling me i am only playing dsf files at 192khz. Since these are 352khz or higher i am wondering why its not identifying that frequency.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. I love the interface of the software but not the setup.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sonore DLNA
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 06:41:42 am »

The DLNA settings in MC are for MC's DLNA Server, but it appears that you're using the Sonore as the DLNA Server.

And your DAC is connected to the Sonore, not to the computer MC runs on.  That means that the Sonore must also be a DLNA Renderer.

If those are both correct, then you're only using MC as the DLNA Controller, so it's just selecting music.  If so, you need to set up the Sonore to do what you want.

I would at least try moving the DAC to the computer you're running MC on.  Just to see what happens.

muslhead

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 10:51:52 am »

"The DLNA settings in MC are for MC's DLNA Server, but it appears that you're using the Sonore as the DLNA Server.

And your DAC is connected to the Sonore, not to the computer MC runs on.  That means that the Sonore must also be a DLNA Renderer.

If those are both correct, then you're only using MC as the DLNA Controller, so it's just selecting music."

This is correct.

I dont see the capability to adjust the Sonore. Looks like I will have to contact them unless some other people here have some experience with the Sonore.

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 06:00:25 pm »

I would lay odds that the NAS is actually running a DLNA Server, the Sonore microRendu is running as a DLNA Renderer, and MC is running as a DLNA Controller having imported music from the DLNA Server on the NAS.

So your NAS is doing audio conversions, which is why DSF files are only playing up to 192KHz.

In which case, turn off the DLNA Server on the NAS, import your files from the NAS using URIs or drive mapping, and output to the Sonore via DLNA. Then MC will have some control over the audio, and you may be able to get rid of the clicks and pops, although as the Renderer, it is probably an issue with the Sonore. Also, you are going to want to Bitstream DSF to the Sonore, so in fact all audio control will be with the Sonore, and not MC.

The Sonore doesn't appear to have a DLNA Server capability, although the manual is very light on for information. About none really. Except for all the heat and connector damage warnings in the Installation section. It doesn't sound like a well-designed device, so I would be reluctant to trust it to produce quality audio.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up