INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disconnection  (Read 1910 times)

ducatirider

• Junior Woodchuck
Disconnection
« on: April 22, 2019, 04:12:48 pm »

i recently took advantage of the upgrade to MC 24 get a free MC 25 upgrade as well. When I went from MC 23 to MC 25 Windows 10 seemed to block file shares. Once I corrected this MC 25 just shuts down after 10 minutes and I can’t figure out why. Under Power Settings I have never shut down when plugged in.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Disconnection
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 04:24:07 pm »

Is it MC shutting down or is it your display?  Could be the timeout for your display.

ducatirider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 09:43:52 am »

This is a pure music server with power setting set to never turn off while plugged in.  No anti virus is running.  Mc24 and 25.  A 2nd PC also does this but that one runs Office and is for general use.

It ran fine until I upgraded to MC25.  Then Windows blocked file share.  After fixing this, I tried both MC24 and 25 and they both shut down on separate PC's.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 04:05:06 pm »

What Jim is asking is if MC is exiting on it's own.
If so could you turn on logging and send us a log?
Thanks.

ducatirider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 08:28:11 pm »

thank you.  attached

ducatirider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 08:29:31 pm »

here's a 2nd one

ducatirider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 11:04:57 pm »

here is the log from my second pc which is the general use pc that runs office.

ducatirider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 11:14:54 am »

could this be related to windows not allowing home group any longer?  i downgraded to mc 23 same issue.  i'm going to try a trial version of audionirvana next.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 11:45:04 am »

Please describe your setup.  I think you're trying to use MC on one Windows machine to load a library from a different machine, using Samba?

If so, you could be blocked by a firewall.  Windows Defender is running.  There is a thread here on that.

ducatirider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 08:11:25 pm »

I just disabled Defender entirely.   I saw the Windows Defender thread and my pc doesn't seem to have CUETools.  I also freshly reset Windows.  Attached is the new log.  I used to run Audiophile Optimizer and Fidelizer but they are currently uninstalled.

Also I am loading the library through the NAS. Not another pc.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 12:04:08 am »

Switch to the Main Library if you can.  The NAS may not be available.

Don't use the DLNA library of a NAS.  Import files directly.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 10:17:17 am »

It looks like this file is bad:

Z:\Music\Boz Scaggs - Original Album Classics 2010 FLAC\1974-Slow Dancer FLAC\Boz Scaggs - Slow Dancer.m3u8

Either empty or malformed or bad end of lines.

The Crash dump and logs were very helpful. Thanks.

ducatirider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 10:59:17 am »

I have multiple systems with 2TB of music, so file shares are a necessity.  Unless you know of a better way I cannot move this off the NAS.
This worked perfectly for years until I upgraded from MC23 to MC24/25 last week.  The log with Z:\Music\Boz Scaggs - Original Album Classics 2010 FLAC\1974-Slow Dancer FLAC\Boz Scaggs - Slow Dancer.m3u8 was when I mapped the drive to the pc.  I have since reset Windows and reinstalled the library off the NAS.
Modifying Windows to allow file shares has been challenging and this is why I think Microsoft's recent "security" updates and the removal of Home Group might be the problem.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 11:21:55 am »

I have multiple systems with 2TB of music, so file shares are a necessity.  Unless you know of a better way I cannot move this off the NAS.
This worked perfectly for years until I upgraded from MC23 to MC24/25 last week.  The log with Z:\Music\Boz Scaggs - Original Album Classics 2010 FLAC\1974-Slow Dancer FLAC\Boz Scaggs - Slow Dancer.m3u8 was when I mapped the drive to the pc.  I have since reset Windows and reinstalled the library off the NAS.
Modifying Windows to allow file shares has been challenging and this is why I think Microsoft's recent "security" updates and the removal of Home Group might be the problem.
It shouldn't have anything to do with the share and I don't know why it didn't have an issue before.
Can you check that particular file?
It's just a text file, you can open it with any editor.

ducatirider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 12:30:52 pm »

I deleted it totally and removed the mapped drive.  I also transferred a few files to my resident drive on the laptop and it has been playing on repeat for an hour now.  Through NAS it disconnects after 10 minutes or so.  So I'm fairly certain it is some sort of Windows security issue.  I also downloaded a trial version of competitive software and it played fine for 30 minutes through the NAS.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 01:19:29 pm »

I deleted it totally and removed the mapped drive.  I also transferred a few files to my resident drive on the laptop and it has been playing on repeat for an hour now.  Through NAS it disconnects after 10 minutes or so.  So I'm fairly certain it is some sort of Windows security issue.  I also downloaded a trial version of competitive software and it played fine for 30 minutes through the NAS.
If it dies still would you please send me another log/dump?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 04:58:18 pm »

It looks like this file is bad:

Z:\Music\Boz Scaggs - Original Album Classics 2010 FLAC\1974-Slow Dancer FLAC\Boz Scaggs - Slow Dancer.m3u8

Just a thought: it strikes me that your file names may simply be too long ?? (especially if Z: maps to a UNC share that also has a long name..)
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up