INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete to Recycle Bin function behaving strangely  (Read 1740 times)

laba

• Recent member
Delete to Recycle Bin function behaving strangely
« on: May 08, 2019, 04:05:32 am »

Hi there,

(Ubuntu 18.04, MC 24.0.78 64-bit).

I've noticed some odd behaviour when a file is deleted using the "Remove from Media Library and send to the Recycle Bin" option.

The file is removed from the media library - that's fine.

However the file is not moved to the recycle bin. On my machine, what MC does is create a new directory /home/$USER/Trash and moves the file there. This folder called Trash is not treated as a trash folder by the OS, it's just a regular directory, so emptying the recycle bin does nothing. The new directory needs to be manually deleted again to the recycle bin.

The trash folder on the home partition under Ubuntu is usually /home/$USER/.local/share/Trash where Trash has the structure:

Trash/
├── expunged
├── files
└── info

Furthermore, on my machine I have all my files, including my music, on a separate drive from where the OS and home are installed. If I delete a file from that drive using the file manager, it goes to a /.Trash folder on the same drive as the deleted file, not to one on the home partition:

/.Trash-1000/
├── expunged
├── files
└── info

I would expect MC to behave in the same way and delete the file to a local /.Trash-xxxx/ folder, not one on a separate drive, and certainly not create a regular folder on a separate drive and move the file/s there.

Is this somehow expected behaviour?

robojock

• Recent member
Re: Delete to Recycle Bin function behaving strangely
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 03:19:26 am »

I can confirm that this happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up