INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot play Media Center 25 with bluetooth headphones  (Read 1024 times)

doglesby17

Cannot play Media Center 25 with bluetooth headphones
« on: May 08, 2019, 08:33:58 am »

Hi everyone. Hoping someone can help out. I cannot play audio through my headphones with bluetooth on my MacBook Pro...it only plays through the Mac speakers. I've tried all the audio options: (Default) [Core Audio], Built-in Output [Core Audio], and the options for both of the headphones I've tried (Bose QC II and AirPods). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cannot play Media Center 25 with bluetooth headphones
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 12:35:18 pm »

I'm guessing you have the common problem of "playback could not be started on device with sample rate 44.1kHz" or some similar message.  You can solve this in one of two ways:

1.  Set up the DSP to resample everything to 48kHz.  The reason you need to do this is because most bluetooth devices ONLY play 48kHz audio.  If you feed them 44.1kHz (which is what all CDs are and most MP3s are) they puke and will not play.  Open the DSP dialog and set the sample rate for 44.1 to resample to 48.  You can do the same for all other sample rates if you'd like.

2.  MC has an option to automatically convert on a playback error.  I thought it was on by default, but I'm not sure.  This setting is located at:

Tools > Options > Audio > Advanced > auto configure playback settings on output error

You should set that to "yes" and then restart MC.  Or just set up the DSP manually as I suggested in #1 above.

Good luck.

Brian.

doglesby17

Re: Cannot play Media Center 25 with bluetooth headphones
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 07:20:57 pm »

THANK YOU! That worked!
Pages: [1]   Go Up