INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configure different Audio Output for Different Devices  (Read 784 times)

normd

• Recent member
Configure different Audio Output for Different Devices
« on: May 09, 2019, 09:21:12 pm »

I can't seem to find an answer online, so if it is there, please direct me.

I have two DAC's, a Marantz AVR and an OPPO. The OPPO can handle anything, including DSD256, but my Marantz cannot.  Is there a way to configure MC to use a downsample setting when the Marantz is chosen but unconverted when the OPPO is selected?

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: Configure different Audio Output for Different Devices
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 09:39:34 pm »

Each of the DLNA zones (renderers) can be configured to use different DSP settings.

Under Tools->Options->Media Network you will be able to configure the required supported audio formats for each of the servers corresponding to your zone.

For your Marantz, tell it to convert anything over and above what it can render natively to a format that it can. These settings will only affect this renderer, so your OPPO will play original format.

The image at the top of this page shows you where you need to be:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA

normd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 06:27:29 am »

Many thanks!  I had a config like that but the piece I was missing was to link the Marantz to the DSP setting. Once I found the Associate with DNLA server by right clicking the Marantz, I made the association. Once again, MC comes through!

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 07:09:59 pm »

Nice one, well done.

Have fun with it, can be quite satisfying having MC play the same file to different devices with different tech specs with no action required.
Pages: [1]   Go Up