INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I change order of the folders?  (Read 2206 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Can I change order of the folders?
« on: May 13, 2019, 11:58:13 am »

I have a saved a view named Playlists. There used to be 2 playlists folder and a start folder.
Suddenly there are 2 playlists folders and the start folder between them and then a folder name artists.
I would like to have back the old order 1. Favourites 2. Sing and Dance and 3. start.

Can I do something about that? I dont know why the order has changed and why artist have showed up.
JRiver for music

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Can I change order of the folders?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 06:17:04 pm »

If you have saved the View/Tabs Layout, then just load it again using "View > Load / Save View > Load > Playlists".

As you have posted in the MC22 forum, I assume that you are still using MC22. So nothing has changed in the software, for years. That functionality still works the same way in MC25 as well.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Captor

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 01:32:34 pm »

Hi,
I have already tried to to load the view again. I turn off the PC every night so I have to load that view again manually after I start JRiver.

I have done that for some years but suddenly the order is not same and there is one folder more.

I admit it is not a big problem that crushes my life but I have to wonder what happened and at least how can I change the folder back to the old?
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 01:36:39 pm »

Try setting MC's startup option to "Last Location".

Captor

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 01:48:03 pm »

Hi,
You mean in options? I have this settings, please see picture. Location is saying: Audio now but I have also try: Start.
JRiver for music

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 06:06:21 pm »

You could try setting up the Tab Layout the way you want them again manually, and then saving that layout with a new name, and see if the new version loads correctly.

I'm thinking maybe a little issue with the saved View file. Given that MC22 has had no updates for a very long time, it can't be a change in the software. It has to be a change in Windows, or something you have done in MC, or some Library or file corruption.

It appears that these Tab Layouts are saved in the MC Library, and not in separate files. If so you can't delete the bad one and recreate it. You will need to overwrite it. Unless Jim has some extra information.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Captor

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 11:57:32 am »

Hi Roderick, yes I have done that. And that works fine. I will delete the old one.
I was just curious why that happen. It is not a big problem.
I would be nice if it would possible to move them like in browsers or in excel.
But this is OK too.

Thanks for using your time to help, and Jim too.

Best Regards
JRiver for music
Pages: [1]   Go Up