INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library imports missing many files  (Read 768 times)

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Library imports missing many files
« on: May 20, 2019, 01:00:10 pm »

I have a hard drive dedicated to classical music albums.  It is organized by composer (Mozart, Bach, etc) and I set it up for Auto-importing the entire disk.

But the import misses many albums.  I've let it sit for a long time thinking it was still working on it - but it isn't.  The I imported one of the subdirectories by itself in addition to using "Auto import"....and the many missing albums showed up.   

It looks like there are some missing for each subdirectory when I use Auto

What am I doing wrong?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library imports missing many files
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 03:10:07 pm »

Check your auto import settings for that folder.  Make sure it you have all of the Audio types checked that you want to import.  I'm guessing you might have one or two types unchecked and it's missing files of that type.  Just a guess.

Brian.

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 07:20:03 am »

Check your auto import settings for that folder.  Make sure it you have all of the Audio types checked that you want to import.  I'm guessing you might have one or two types unchecked and it's missing files of that type.  Just a guess.

Brian.

I had looked at that....all types are checked.  My best guess is the auto import was working in the background when I turned off the computer.   And it never finished.   But the only way I can get missing files is with the single folder import.

I don't know what "analyze audio" does but I checked it.  The Auto import is now importing a lot of new files. 

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 08:05:39 am »

You can trigger auto import any time you want with Tools> Import > "run auto import now".

Is that what you did when you said "auto import is importing a lot of new files now"?  Or did you do single folder on a giant folder?

Analyze audio looks at the music in each file and measures dynamic range, average loudness, etc.  These calculations are stored and then used (optionally) by the Volume Leveling feature of MC to make playback volume consistent across tracks.  It's very useful if you like that (which I do).

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up