INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: global sorting default?  (Read 565 times)

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
global sorting default?
« on: May 26, 2019, 12:15:40 pm »

There are so so so many different places/ways to view audio and every single one is sorting titles by a different rule. Is there a way for me to set a global default for every view/subview?

I'd like to first sort by my user field "Sort Artist" (this makes sure Steven Wilson is sorted as "Wilson Steven" while still displaying Steven Wilson)
THEN by "Date" (oldest to newest)
THEN if more than one title shares the same date (happens frequently as I collect different pressings), by my user field "Date (release)" (this makes sure that the ten different pressings I have of Dark Side of the Moon are listed in chronological order, ie. 1983 CD, 1987 reissue, 1993 remaster, etc...)

I would like every view/subview (All Files) to follow this rule.

I have this working in the Album view, but the "All Files" section of the Album view is not obeying the "Date (release)" tag, it's simply listing them by Date (oldest to newest) and then alphabetizing the titles that share the same date. And none of the other views are obeying this sorting.

Is this do-able on a global scale or do I have to keep editing views until I figure out how to get them all to do this? (I'm posting now because there are some views I can't figure out how to display titles in the order I'd like)

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Re: global sorting default?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 06:59:21 pm »

You can save your working sort as a preset and then apply that preset to your other views.  Would that work?  Here's a screenshot that should explain how to make your own preset.

AlanDistro

• World Citizen
Re: global sorting default?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 08:33:15 am »

That is helpful for trying out different views, but it didn't work on making the All Files view fit the Albums view, screenshot attached.
Pages: [1]   Go Up