INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Now only plays one file from list  (Read 709 times)

MikeC963

• Recent member
Play Now only plays one file from list
« on: May 27, 2019, 08:12:14 am »

I do not know what happened, but when I try to play an albums worth of songs to my Squeezebox, it only plays one song repeatedly. I used to be able to choose my Squeezebox, click on an album under Artists view and then click on the first song in the Play Now list in order to play the whole album. Now it just repeatedly plays whatever song I click on. I have to manually double click the next song or hit the Next  button at the top left. I *think* this started with JRiver 25. Is there some setting I need to reset to make it play everything in the Play Now list?
BTW, if I click on Player and play the song list locally, it works fine.

MikeC963

• Recent member
Re: Play Now only plays one file from list
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 08:15:01 pm »

Man, I have looked at all of the links I could find for this problem and so far, nothing has worked. I have tried Player options and Behavior options and cannot figure out why the same song repeats over and over. I have not seen this problem described in any previous posts. All of those post are complaining about only playing one song and then quitting. The song I play just repeats over and over. Does anybody know where I should be looking?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 12:05:31 am »

Check the three icons at the end of the progress bar... Click on the "Repeat" icon...

Do you have "repeat current item" checked?

MikeC963

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 10:26:58 pm »

No, it says "Repeat Off".

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 01:12:42 am »

Well, that's me out of ideas then, sorry.

Hopefully someone with more squeezebox knowledge will be along soon.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 02:31:48 am »

The Squeezebox is a network player, correct? So you are playing to it via DLNA?

Try turning on SetNext support, or turning it off if it is on.

Under Playing Now right-click Squeezebox => DLNA Controller Options => uncheck Disable SetNext Support.

MC periodically turns on Disable SetNext, when it gets a bad response from a DLNA Renderer. So that could be the reason for the timing of the change. There have been a few DLNA changes, and from memory, some people have reported that setting was ticked after upgrading to MC25.

Otherwise, search the DLNA threads.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

MikeC963

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 07:12:58 am »

Marko, thanks for trying :-)
RoderickGI, that setting was not checked, so I checked it and stopped and restarted MC. It took a while to stop so I was hopeful it was doing something, but when trying again, I got the same results. I will check the DLNA threads. Thanks for the tip.

MikeC963

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 12:19:16 pm »

With some help from Eight Dancing Monkeys, the problem was fixed. All my fault. There was a setting on the Squeezebox player that I missed that tells it to repeat a song. I set that to off and things are working again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up