INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to force sync to use .m3u instead of .pla Sync Androids that cant read .mp4  (Read 1310 times)

holsen

• Recent member

I've an Android P20 Pro and use it with Rocket Player (which is awesome btw) and set up a sync.   If I sync my ALAC library, without conversion everything works fine but the Playlist generates as a PLA file which the Rocket Player cannot read.   So the easy work around for me was to simply export the playlist an m3u to my PC and then drag that into the playlist folder on the Android and Voila everything fine .... playlist work!

BUT

On the phone I use the conversion feature to send files over as HQ MP3s to save space and here the problem.  The sync works perfect, Albums, Artists, Songs all show up fine but again the playlist file generates as an PLA.  And the playlist in MC is still referencing the original m4a (ALAC) files.  So here's the easy easy workaround I just tested to work.

Run the sync with whatever conversion you want.  Export the playlist as .m3u to some directory.   Open it with notepad or wordpad or whatever the Mac equivalent would be then use the "Find and Replace" tool  Find .mp4  >  Replace with .mp3 or whatever the file extention happens to be and it will work fine.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Recent versions of MC have a setting for the Playlist file format to be used in Handheld Sync. In fact, the functionality has been there for a while.

No need for any workaround. MC does everything required.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

holsen

• Recent member

Thats good to know.  I'm on v21 and haven't upgraded because I dont use MC as a player -  I use it simply to sync my library between my DAP and Phone.   I still use itunes solely for tagging because it does everything automatically without having to rename and replace anything. It tags, renames, and moves files & directories pretty much instantly.   Any idea of what version of MC incorporated playlist selction during Handheld Sync?   Its clearly available in 21 for exporting playlists, but the option doesn't show when syncing handheld.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

I don't recall what version it was added to. You could search the Release Notes to find it.

But if you upgraded, you would be upgrading to the latest, MC25, and that would have it in there. JRiver doesn't sell licences for older versions once a new version is out and stable, as I understand it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

focussed

• Recent member

Hi,
I've just updated to mc25, and tried creating playlists for use on android with poweramp.I'm creating the playlists by inserting the SD card into the laptop running MC25 which I'm then transferring to the 'phone. so for so good.
 I can successfully create the music files on poweramp, but only as individual tracks, poweramp does not show any playlist. rescanning/resolving playlists on poweramp does not help. I've tried changing the format in MC, but no change. Very annoying.
 I'd appreciate it if some knowledgeable person out there could explain in simple terms how to make this work please

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

You probably need to use Relative Paths in the Playlist that MC builds. It is a setting in Handheld options, or more correctly, you can choose Relative Paths when you select the Playlist format to create and transfer.

Otherwise, that sounds like a Poweramp for Android question. As I'm not a Poweramp user, I have no idea. You may want to confirm what Playlist formats Poweramp supports.

focussed

• Recent member

Thanks Roderick, After a lot of messing about, I've managed to fix the issue, it required a change within the poweramp settings, I cannot for the life of me remember what i did now, however it seems to be working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up