INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync to iPod?  (Read 2822 times)

erviv

• World Citizen
Sync to iPod?
« on: June 12, 2019, 10:36:58 am »

The comment above from MikeO indicates there is a wiki on how to sync (copy music ?)from MC to an iPod. That would be awesome as it would free me further from iTunes, as I much prefer th MC interface. I looked through the wikis and confess I don’t see anything there. Could you post a link?
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sync to iPod?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 11:12:26 am »

The comment above from MikeO indicates there is a wiki on how to sync (copy music ?)from MC to an iPod. That would be awesome as it would free me further from iTunes, as I much prefer th MC interface. I looked through the wikis and confess I don’t see anything there. Could you post a link?
See here... https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Handheld_Sync_Options

It's been many years since I used mine, but back then, MC would update the number plays and last played fields on next sync too, which was nice :)

As MikeO states, this only works for older, non-IOS iPods

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 07:36:46 am »

Thanks.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

Three Thirds

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 12:50:27 am »

Hi there - just to confirm: Does this mean that JRiver can sync music with my iPod again? I used JRiver MC For many years until I couldn't sync my iPod any more, and would really love to purchase it again if the feature is available again.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 01:38:16 am »

As MikeO states, this only works for older, non-IOS iPods

I've wondered about MC's syncing ability, especially since Itunes is getting deprecated by Apple, and I've researched it in the wiki, but hadn't yet tried to get it working.

Then I saw this thread.

And I wonder why the above quote, which is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING I'VE READ ON THIS SUBJECT is nowhere to be found in the wiki articles on syncing.

Glad I didn't spend time trying to get it to work... :)

Thank you Marko for saving me that!

I
Pages: [1]   Go Up