INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Create genre views  (Read 758 times)

LETRA

• World Citizen
Create genre views
« on: June 20, 2019, 05:27:57 pm »

Hi. I do not know if this topic has been talked about before but I can not find it. I'm trying to create genre views in /Audio. Put Customize View & add: Album & /Search list. In /Search list add rule: Genre is All Jazz. I keep like new sight and nothing happens. The view is the same as Recent Albums. Do not select albums with tag: genre / jazz

I would appreciate it if someone who knows me clears up a bit this.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Create genre views
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 07:17:06 pm »

The quick and simple answer is to move your "Buscar Lista" Search List up above the Album category. Then your View will work. I don't use Search Lists in my Views typically, but I built one like yours and it seems that by putting the "Albums" category first, all Albums are selected and displayed, then the Search List, which acts as a filter, can't remove the non-matching entries. By putting the Search List as the first category, MC filters the items to display, and then displays the category "Albums".

Three things though:
1. Normally I don't use Search Lists, and just put the criteria for selecting items in the "Set rules for file display" section of the View creation. So I would say in there "Genre is all Jazz". There is no need for a Search List then.

2. I have a lot of different Jazz Genres, Acid Jazz, Jazz, Jazz Rock, Jazz Vocals, for example. So if I wanted all Jazz, I would set the "Set rules for file display" section to "Genre contains Jazz". You may only have one Jazz Genre though, so what you are doing would work fine.

3. Using either filtering method will select only Jazz Tracks, and not Jazz Albums. So if you have an Album of mixed Tracks, including other Genres, only the Jazz Tracks would be displayed in the View, and not the whole Album. You can have MC select the whole Album whenever any Track has a Genre of Jazz by selecting the Modifier of "Expand to full albums" in "Set rules for file display", or by adding "~a" to the end of the rule in the Import/Export dialogue. See the attached image.

Enjoy!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

LETRA

• World Citizen
Re: Create genre views
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 08:15:42 pm »

Thank you very much. With your system it works perfectly :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up