INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-AC3 channels not playing  (Read 1694 times)

portapro

• Recent member
E-AC3 channels not playing
« on: June 24, 2019, 04:58:41 am »

Hi

I'm trying MC 25 on my windows 10 computer. I have a TBS 6280 dual DVB-T2 tuner internal card and an HDHomerun network tuner. This setup works fine for TV in other programs, like DVBViewer but JRiver MC gets stuck with channels using E-AC3 as audio. It displays one single image and then just stops. It works well with MPEG1-Audio channels but there's only two of them here out of 35.

I tried many things like change audio output to bitstream/using the DSP/changing audio device/disabling hardware acceleration ....nothing worked. It looks like it gets stuck internaly after the BDA drivers. It's also the same behavior between the TBS and the HDHomerun, so that puts off any driver issue I think.

Am I the only one having this issue ?
Do you have any ideas on how to solve it ?

Thank you

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: E-AC3 channels not playing
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 08:04:48 am »

Please provide a log of playing such a channel.

1. Turn on logging,
2. Play a channel.
3. Collect log.
4. Post or email the log.  I am yaobing at jriver dot com

Wiki article on logging.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

portapro

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 09:35:55 am »

Mail sent.

Thank you

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 05:14:50 pm »

Got the log.  However it did not give much info.  When logging started, MC was already doing two things - scanning EPG via OTA signals, and playing a channel.  When you tried to play that same channel again ("France 2"), MC just logged "Already playing this channel, returning without further ado".  So I could not see what was wrong.

Please try again, by restarting MC, and making sure it does not run EPG scan.  Then start playing the channel.  Thanks.

portapro

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 03:31:40 am »

I've redo the log, without any EPG update running.

Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 12:39:40 pm »

Sorry, we are still having the same issue.  Even though EPG scanning was not running, the channel was already being played.  When you play the channel again, we still get this message: "Already playing this channel, returning without further ado".   It appears that a tuner is stuck to that channel and was never reset.

Are you using the "Media Server" feature?  In other words are you letting MC Media Server to start automatically when Windows starts?  If so, Media Server will continue to run when you close MC GUI.  This would explain why you keep having the "tuner already playing the channel" issue.  To close Media Server after you closed MC GUI, you need to right-click the Media Server icon on Windows control bar, and choose "Close Media Server".

You can check the status of tuners in Standard View by clicking "Show status" in the Standard view EPG filter box.  It will tell you the status of each tuner, idle or otherwise.

portapro

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 01:13:32 pm »

ok, I restarted and got sure sure all tuners were set to "Idle" before trying to watch the channel.

I've sent the log

Thank you

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 05:15:14 pm »

OK, thanks for the log.

I think I figured it out.  The audio type saved in the channel is wrong.  Maybe when you initially scanned the channels, they were MPEG audio, but now they changed to E-AC3? Please try the following to verify:

1.  Manually edit one of the channels.  The channel you tried to play was "1 TF1".  It has the following parameters

TSID: 6
    Network ID: 8442
    Service ID: 1537
    Frequency: 490000
    Bandwidth: 8
    Original Network ID: 8442
    Audio PID: 130
    Network Type: DVB-T
    Audio Type: MPEG-1
    Video PID: 120
    PMT PID: 100
    Video Type: AVC/H264

Everything is correct except Audio Type, which needs to be changed to "E-AC3".

Once you manually changed Audio Type (it is called "Audio Format" on channel editing window), try playing it again.  Hopefully that will solve the problem.

2. After you confirm manually editing works, you can try running channel scanning again and hopefully correct types will be picked up.  This way you will not need to manually edit every affected channel.  But of course if the number of affected channels is small, manually editing may be faster.

portapro

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 03:27:21 am »

Hi

That worked, with manual audio edit the E-AC3 channels now play fine !

Re scanning after manual change did not though, the scan picked the wrong audio again.

But at least I have a solution now, even if it involves a bit of work, changing all the affected channels manually.

Thank you for your help Yaobing.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 08:07:51 am »

I suppose the channel scan code needs some fixing.  I will look into it.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 11:47:50 am »

Would you please try upgrading to the latest available build (68) and try channel scanning again?  There have been some changes since build 54.  Even if the issue is not fixed in the latest build, capturing a log of channel scanning will help me identify the issue.

If you already manually updated your channels, you can make a backup of your library (File > Library > Back Up Library...) before trying to scan again.  This way you can use library restore (File > Library > Restore Library...) to get back your manual edits in case the scan got the audio wrong again.

portapro

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 12:44:42 am »

I used Help->Update channels->Check for update with the latest version checked and it got me 25.0.70 ?

Anyways, that latest version still didn't recognized the E-AC3 audio with the scan.
I used the "Rescan button" on manage channels window.

I sent you the log.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 07:36:15 am »

Yes, build 70 came out after I posted.  Thanks for the log.
Pages: [1]   Go Up