INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: JRiver Blackbox  (Read 5691 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
NEW: JRiver Blackbox
« on: June 25, 2019, 06:23:25 pm »

NEW: Blackbox Version of JRiver Media Center

Aimed at manufacturers of audio and video hardware, a new "Blackbox" version of JRiver can now be hosted on ARM hardware and provide Media Center features such as Library Server and DLNA / UPnP, without a user interface.  All control, including setup, is done from a phone, tablet, or PC.  An Android app makes it easy to find the device on a network. 

JRiver has partnered with Austrian system integration company, StreamUnlimited Engineering, to build products for manufacturers.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
Re: NEW: JRiver Blackbox
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 02:49:08 am »

Interesting..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 03:29:57 am »

Interesting..

That's what I thought, and almost posted. Many questions, but not for now.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 06:54:01 am »

I posted on Audiophilestyle.com (formerly Computeraudiophile.com) and answered a couple questions there:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/13448-jriver-tips-and-techniques-user-experiences-repository/page/29/?tab=comments#comment-968326

nickvaf

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 07:37:12 am »

Just saw this in the latest email and it peaked my interest. Could this open doors to installing the Library Server / DLNA renderer on a Synology (or similar) server using docker then using the traditional Media Center w/ Windows as client?

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 09:14:26 am »

Hmm interesting question with synology
My English is not perfect, so be merciful with me

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 05:30:54 pm »

Unlikely.  It would require compatible hardware.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 06:41:36 am »

Great idea!!!

I often wished I could organize my DB on a PC and run Media Server with this DB on a raspberry Pi.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 08:51:30 am »

is this “Blackbox” only available to manufacturers? ... would be great to get my hands on it and put headless MC server on rack and control it remotely with proper tools instead of remote desktop 😎
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 10:36:18 am »

is this “Blackbox” only available to manufacturers? ... would be great to get my hands on it and put headless MC server on rack and control it remotely with proper tools instead of remote desktop 😎
It's for manufacturers, but you can do most of what it does with an Id.  The Id can be operated without a user interface.

DrKNo

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 04:52:03 pm »

I often wished I could organize my DB on a PC and run Media Server with this DB on a raspberry Pi.

Running JRiver on a PI is absolutely possible already now. The forum contains excellent step by step tutorials that worked perfectly for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up