INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change tags in internal WAV file properties through MC 19  (Read 2394 times)

Jolojl

Change tags in internal WAV file properties through MC 19
« on: June 28, 2019, 12:10:38 pm »

Hi,

Is there anyway to change the tags in the File Information properties of a WAV file in MC 19.

Attached are three pictures of how tags from a random file in my music collection shows up in JRiver, in the File properties under ID-Tag (ID3 tags?), and the File properties under Information (internal WAV tags?). As you can see the JRiver tags and the files ID-Tags show the same (correct) information (genre "Pop, Rock & Folk) while the File information shows different (incorrect but probably original) information (genre "Acapella").

How can I get MC 19 to change, for instance, the genre information, under the File Properties/Information tab (internal WAV tag?)? I regularly "Update Tags (from library)" but this seems only to change the tags under the "ID-Tags" tab (ID3 tags?).

In practice everything works fine running JRiver on a PC but whenever I want to play music from my collection on other players (Volumio/Linux or iTunes/Mac OS) these players all seem to read not the ID-Tags but the internal WAV tags, and it all becomes "a mess". To automatically change the File infromation tags to the JRiver/ID3 tags would be a great a help.

Also I plan to upgrade to MC 25 and at the same time change to either a Linux or Mac OS environment, and I don't know how MC will manage the WAV files in such an environment.

All the best,
Johan
Pages: [1]   Go Up