INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEED SOLUTION: ALL MC Playlists Sync w/ Itunes - Add, Change, Delete  (Read 1722 times)

Joelava

• Recent member

My massive library has been managed by MC since I can remember. I love the JRiver experience and will always support it. When Itunes became the sole source for importing playlists into Serato, Traktor and others, I was forced to sync my MC library to Itunes. This is a lot of music and an insane number of playlists. There was a tool called "MCis 6.02" that automatically added new and updated existing playlists into Itunes with just a few clicks and access to the Itunes XML library. It is no longer supported and no longer works.

Does anybody have a need to have their MC library look just like their Itunes Library? If so, do you have a solution? Can we collaborate on one?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: NEED SOLUTION: ALL MC Playlists Sync w/ Itunes - Add, Change, Delete
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 07:23:37 am »

Have you tried File > Export To iTunes?

It will export whatever is in the current view out to iTunes.

If you need more features, let us know and we could think about it.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Joelava

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 01:01:50 pm »

Yes. Good tool but I have over 1000 playlists of which 10-15 get modified each week. I add about 6-10 new playlists per week. The current feature is only what's in view, does not modify or update existing playlist, requires manual work (deletions) on the Itunes side and each list is migrating 1 view at a time.

URL to MCItunes Syncronizer https://download.cnet.com/MC-iTunes-Synchronizer/3000-2141_4-75157574.html
MCiS is an application that synchronizes MC and iTunes ratings, play and skip counts, last played & skipped dates. It also exports fields such as Name, Artist, Album, Compilation and Lyrics flags from MC to iTunes, and Album Rating information from iTunes to MC. As well as this, MCiS can automatically import files to and remove any broken links (missing file links) from the iTunes library. This allows you to sync your iPhone or iPod with data from your carefully crafted MC library.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 05:51:25 pm »

MCiS still works as long as you don't update past roughly 12.5.5.5 (which is reasonably stable and works with iCloud Music Library). That's what I do. I have MCiS run weekly via a Windows Task Scheduler, and it updates my entire iTunes Library.

A few annoyances:
  • You can't update iTunes anymore. They've made it worse since 12.5-ish, though so not the end of the world.
  • There's a modal popup dialog iTunes shows PER-FILE when you delete a file in iCloud Music Library to confirm if you want to delete it from the cloud. This is my nemesis. You can log the library out of iCloud first and then it works, but I haven't found a way to script it (and then you have to manually remove those files if they should really have been removed). This isn't the end of the world so long as you don't delete things too often, but it is annoying.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up