INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing now screen  (Read 1342 times)

chord

Playing now screen
« on: July 18, 2019, 07:59:24 am »

using - Media Center 25 with ubuntu
I used to view after pushing "playing now" (top left in tree) on the right side of the tree the cover of the cd playing en below the cover the  detail of the tracks.
After a wrong manupulation the covers aren't anymore displayed (instead of displaying the cover - it is black of black with in the middle white background with grey squares) 

How can I fix this view?

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playing now screen
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 08:32:30 am »

A while ago there was a bug in the Windows version that caused this to happen if "Track Info" was being displayed in Playing Now. Right-click the grey area to see if you have any of the Track Info options selected. When Track Info is selected, MC creates a temp folder somewhere, and if this fails for any reason the cover art is not displayed either. Not sure if this is your issue, but it's something to check.

chord

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 11:00:07 am »

Thanks for your reply - but when I click right on the gray area (white background with grey squares) I only get a pop-up menu with the choices : display view - detach display - more and image play back settings.

DJLegba

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 11:23:57 am »

Thanks for your reply - but when I click right on the gray area (white background with grey squares) I only get a pop-up menu with the choices : display view - detach display - more and image play back settings.

Sorry then, I can't help you. I don't have access to a Linux copy of MC. Have you checked the MC log file?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 04:07:36 pm »

using - Media Center 25 with ubuntu
I used to view after pushing "playing now" (top left in tree) on the right side of the tree the cover of the cd playing en below the cover the  detail of the tracks.
After a wrong manipulation the covers aren't anymore displayed (instead of displaying the cover - it is black of black with in the middle white background with grey squares)

How can I fix this view?
There used to be an option that was removed recently to display the "image" view which was never implemented in MC linux.
If you are using an older than current build you can see that in the right-click menu in the display area.
If you are stuck in that mode in the current build you'll probably briefly install a version before that was removed (prior to 25.0.62) so you can disable it then re-update to the current version.

chord

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 04:17:34 am »

Thanks for the reply - As your advice is to install an previous version (mine is later dan 62) and I am afraid of losing all what run well now, I like to try other things before taking such a great decision (I am not a computer expert).  While trying to resolve the problem I have noticed that in theaterview the cover in 'playing now' is showed  correctly - but when I click INFO of LIST of DISPLAY it goes wrong (same problem black background or withe background whit grey squares)... In the normal view where you can switch between action and display - the display gives the same problem - overmore when clicking right I don't hav the same menu as before (don't have the choice to get image of the artist)...
Any idea what might help is very welcome... If I can't find a simple solution I certainly will consider your suggestion (by the end of august - after my holiday)

Thanks                                       

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 09:58:52 am »

Going back to a build before 25.0.62 won't affect your files and almost certainly not your library either but it's always wise to make sure you have a backup of the library before doing that.

Choose File->Library->Backup Library to make sure there you have at least one.

I'm not 100% certain that this is your issue, but it fits the symptoms.
Pages: [1]   Go Up