INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel: change thumbnail / font size?  (Read 1861 times)

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Panel: change thumbnail / font size?
« on: July 18, 2019, 06:59:31 pm »

Is it possible to adjust the thumbnail size or the font size in Panel?

(Other than by using browser zoom feature.)

Thank you.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Panel: change thumbnail / font size?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 07:50:53 am »

The only other way would be changing the size of the browser window. It might be an option in the future, but there are no plans for it yet.

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 08:44:57 am »

Thank you.

I'd like to try Panel out some more on my JRiver-dedicated MS-surface Pro 4.

However (my two cents):

--There are a few too many albums per screen to comfortably browse/take in at once, and
--I have a lot of classical albums with longer titles, which are all cut off very early; it's just not "nice" to look at super-short metadata "stubs" everywhere.

I understand -- and love -- the value of keeping things simple and providing a streamlined, focused functionality, almost like an "appliance" (e.g., a waffle iron). This promises to offer a welcome counterpoint, in many ways, to the classic JRiver GUI; a calming oasis for "just playing the music" when there's currently no curating to do!

However ... I feel Panel's current lack of almost any GUI customization makes it feel just too limited. The ultra-bare bones feel signals that it's an early development alpha/beta, something to check out as merely a curiosity, despite it being amazingly stable and a nest for several very matured apps. Surface impressions matter.

If Panel could be developed in the following two ways, it could take a quantum leap for me. It could become my preferred "front end" for JRiver playback:

--Basic controls to re-size the main visual elements (album art, metadata font)
--List view(s) as alternative to the album-cover view, everywhere that's relevant/logical

P.S. -- Plex's web app front end is visually beautiful, BTW.

Thank you.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

gingram

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 02:09:32 pm »

Somewhat aged topic, but as of yet, these features are still not available. Yes, Panel is java and css which means that some customization using CSS is possible, but difficult if you do not know how to script. The advantage of including fields captured from meta is a huge advantage over plex, but it would be fantastic if someone took a little time to add more functionality to panel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up