INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update Smart Playlist  (Read 524 times)

Tigger

• Recent member
Update Smart Playlist
« on: July 24, 2019, 01:11:56 pm »

Hi,

I have created some smart playlists for waking up in the morning for going to bed.

They were triggered over rest API - controlled by shortcut URLs on my IOS devices. This way I'm able to play the next episode from my audiobooks with just on button from within my lockscreen.
This is working very well. The only problem is an old known one > the smart playlist are not getting updated between the daily playings, so my playing counts are not correct leading MC to play the same episode every day.

Is there a way to update them on a regular interval or better via api. My installation is headless and I cannot / don't want to click on the playlists every day to update them

Hope there is a way - any ideas ?
regards
Andreas

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Update Smart Playlist
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 06:06:44 pm »

Try using Panel in a browser on your iDevice.

Panel should update the Smartlists correctly. But I haven't checked that it does.

Test it, because if it works, it is a very easy fix.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Tigger

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 03:39:51 pm »

Hi,

when using the Panel controls it ist not working, but when hitting the browser refresh button within the playlist it is getting updated.
What do you mean with "its an easy fix" and what is the next step to do ?

regards
Andreas

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 06:23:29 pm »

I meant that you could just use Panel instead of a shortcut with an MCWS call.

But I guess that doesn't meet the criteria of one button to start, and a wake-up time function.

What specific version of MC are you using? MC25.0.??

In a coming release there will be a sleep timer in MC, but I don't know exactly what that will do. I suspect that it will be just a timeout of playback. I don't think it will be a wake timer,, but maybe Matt could be convinced to do something? See https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119571.msg840571.html#msg840571

I assume you have your Smartlist set up to play the next unplayed episode, and this is why you need the updated play counts. I thought there was a change so that play counts were updated by MCWS calls. Maybe a search would find the discussion. But maybe that was just for JRemote and other players... Or maybe I am thinking of the "UpdatePlayStats" function in MCWS. The playstat update functions in MCWS all seem to operate on the file played, and not to update (refresh) the Smartlist.

Hmmm, no, I'm out of ideas. Use a player that has Sleep and Wakeup timer functions?

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up