INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVDs - Can't turn commentary off  (Read 998 times)

kristian

• Recent member
DVDs - Can't turn commentary off
« on: July 31, 2019, 12:44:00 am »

Hi,
MC23. Long-running issue; is there no way to turn audio commentary off when playing DVDs? There is no way to select audio stream. Have tried everything. I turn it off in DVD menu, nothing happens.
Thanks-

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVDs - Can't turn commentary off
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 03:55:27 am »

Well, a lot has happened since MC23.

Try playing the video, right-clicking on the screen, select "Streams", then pick different audio streams until you find the correct one. MC will remember what you selected for future playback.

At least I think that capability existed in MC23. Upgrade. It will do you good.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

kristian

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 07:42:02 pm »

Thanks, but, there's no such thing under the right-click menu; looks exactly the same as 23. No "Streams," no way of choosing.

This cannot be an isolated thing; it must be common.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 08:55:21 pm »

Hmm, you may be on to something.

Normally if there is more than one audio stream in a file, the "Streams" item shows up on the right-click menu. But maybe DVDs are a bit different. Particularly Audio Commentary tracks.

I just tried to turn Audio Commentary on for a couple of ripped DVDs I have, and it wouldn't turn on. There wasn't a "Streams" item in the right-click menu either. The DVD I tested with definitely has multiple audio tracks.

I don't have time to look into that at the moment. Perhaps a search of the forum would reveal something?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

kristian

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 07:44:34 pm »

Thanks, I searched every which way; I can't find anything. Seems a major oversight-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 09:41:53 pm »

In Theater View, use the On Screen Display.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/OSD

kristian

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 11:14:18 am »

In Theater View, use the On Screen Display.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/OSD

Bingo! Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up