INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android 25.0.85 -- Available Here  (Read 1120 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver for Android 25.0.85 -- Available Here
« on: July 31, 2019, 07:59:26 am »

Preview build 25.0.85 is available on the Play Store
This is a new build of JRiver for Android.  Please post bugs here.

Please use this thread for discussion.

Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Play Store Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.mediacenter

25.0.85 (7/30/2019)

1. Fixed: Possible crash when closing the notification window.
2. Fixed: Cover art was not displaying in the notification window.
3. Fixed: Panel - Cover art was not loading when playing certain streams, like Radio Paradise.
4. Changed: JRiver for Android will start if the initial permission request is denied, but it will display a warning.
5. Fixed: JRiver for Android will not display a broken page link during the initial permission request.

25.0.84 (7/26/2019)

1. Fixed: JRiver for Android was crashing when starting up.

25.0.83 (7/25/2019)

1. NEW: Implemented 32-bit and 64-bit versions of JRiver for Android. The Play store should automatically select and install the appropriate version.
2. Changed: Panel - Added a sign out button to the Cloudplay page.

25.0.80 (7/22/2019)

1. NEW: Panel - Added Cloudplay to JRiver for Android.
2. NEW: Panel - Added a button to the Settings page, in the Library tab, to run auto-import.
3. NEW: Panel - Added a button to the Playing Now page menu that will swap the slider between volume and playback if only one is displayed.
4. NEW: Panel - Added an option to clear the playing now list in the options menu on the playing now page.
5. Changed: Panel - Changed the Information tab title on the Settings page to Library.
6. NEW: Added SSL support to JRiver for Android so streaming options (i.e. Radio Paradise, Cloudplay) should work now.

25.0.45 (5/31/2019)

1. NEW: Added support for playing images to the local player zone.

25.0.19 (4/5/2019)

1. Fixed: Panel - Search results were not getting loaded when using an expression as the search parameter.
2. Fixed: Import was not finding files in folders with square brackets in the folder name.
3. NEW: Implemented the Android audio manager to handle audio focus messages.
4. NEW: Added the ability to play local audio files to JRiver for Android from the Android file browser.
5. Fixed: Stopping the service while the current zone was a remote zone could prevent the service from starting again.

25.0.16 (3/27/2019)

1. NEW: The Android app now uses gapless playback as the default.
2. NEW: Added cover art to the notification window.
3. Changed: The notification window will update if the zone is changed.
4. Changed: Lowered the channel priority of the notification window so it won't make noise.
5. Changed: Don't show the notification badge on the app icon when the notification window is active.
6. Changed: Added a settings button to the notification window that will open the settings page in Panel.

25.0.15 (3/21/2019)

1. Fixed: The Android app would crash when playback was started.
2. Fixed: Panel - When going to the Playing Now page, the playlist was not scrolling to the currently playing item on Android.

24.0.21 (3/19/2019)

1. NEW: Improved the lifecycle of the media service. The media service will now start when playback starts, and can be stopped from the notification window.
2. NEW: Created a custom notification window that will update as playback changes.
3. Changed: Moved the options menu to side drawer view, which can be opened from the menu bar or by swiping right from the left side of the screen.
4. Changed: Replaced the Panel header bar with an app toolbar.

24.0.20 (3/4/2019)

1. Changed: Panel - Removed the folder name from the folder context menu.
2. Changed: Panel - Adjusted the sizing of the folder context menu.
3. Fixed: Made some improvements to the way JRiver for Android handles DLNA.
4. NEW: Panel - Added an audio device select to the settings page when the zone is set to "Player."
5. NEW: Panel - Added an information tab to the settings page to display some of the library server information.
6. Fixed: There was a crash on exit because the app was still sending messages after components had been destroyed.
7. Fixed: There was a possible crash on start-up when the app was checking for all available storage devices.
8. NEW: Added an option to run auto import from the menu.
9. NEW: JRiver for Android will automatically get an access key if it doesn't have one. You can find it in Panel on the settings page in the Information tab.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver for Android 25.0.85 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 12:32:29 pm »

I'm getting cover art more consistently, but today I noticed that the notification wasn't updating.  I'm playing a Cloudplay list.  In the screenshot you can see the cover and song information relates to the first item in the playlist, but JRiver, showing in the background, shows the track that I am currently hearing.

EDIT: I killed the notification (clicked the X in the upper right), and restarted the playlist.  That resolved the issue currently.  The only "strange" thing I did before was that I started playing the playlist from my Favorite section of Cloudplay.  Then I clicked the Playlist icon to load all of the playlists.  This seems to take a long time, and I got the "JRiver is not responding" message from Android.  I selected Wait, and eventually the playlists loaded.  Perhaps Android did something else there to kill the notification.

HamishNorton

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 05:07:15 am »

I am running JRiver for Android 25.0.85 on a Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 9. Whenever my screen goes dark, JRiver starts stuttering. I can fix the problem by unlocking the screen and bringing JRiver into the foreground. This behavior did not happen previously - JRiver has played fine before with the screen dark. Also, if I control JRiver for Android with JRemote, I get stuttering. This worked previously also.

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 07:35:28 am »

I am running JRiver for Android 25.0.85 on a Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 9. Whenever my screen goes dark, JRiver starts stuttering. I can fix the problem by unlocking the screen and bringing JRiver into the foreground. This behavior did not happen previously - JRiver has played fine before with the screen dark. Also, if I control JRiver for Android with JRemote, I get stuttering. This worked previously also.

It sounds like the service isn't starting. Do you see the notification window with the playback controls when you start playing music?

HamishNorton

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 09:22:09 am »

Now that I have unblocked notifications for the JRiver app I see it! And now it works. Thanks!

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 09:27:59 am »

Persistent Notifications are mandatory for keeping background processing alive on Android (so that the user knows background work is going on), such as audio playback. So yeah, that one has to be allowed.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up