INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [25.0.86; Issue] Stack members changing metadata when played  (Read 651 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[25.0.86; Issue] Stack members changing metadata when played
« on: August 04, 2019, 03:20:07 am »

I consume music by the album. Sometimes, albums and compilations overlap each other. For these situations, I use stacks.

Whenever the stack top is played, the [Album] metadata of the stack member changes to match that of the stack top. I can manually change said stack member metadata back to the way it was, but it ultimately changes again when the stack top is played, every time.

See attachments. Note the "duplicate". Note also the disparity between the album metadata, the cover art, and the filename. This track obviously belongs somewhere else and, indeed, used to.

Why is this so? How do I prevent it?

Goatshade

Re: [25.0.86; Issue] Stack members changing metadata when played
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 09:04:14 pm »

Anybody?

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 09:08:39 am »

I apologize in advance:  I can't understand what you are doing.  I'm not sure why normal albums and compilation albums would "overlap" or why you'd need stacks.  Albums are complete units.  Even if two albums (a regular and a comp) contain the same song, they are different albums and probably different versions of the same song. 

I find stacks to be awkward and not at all useful for me.  At least for music and video.  Perhaps they are really nice for images or something else.

My gut feeling is that you should not be using them for this particular purpose.  But again I don't totally understand.  Maybe some concrete examples would help? 

On the other hand, if this is some sort of stack bug, and you do not wish to change your organizational method, then explaining it to me might be a waste of your time.

Good luck either way.

Brian.

Goatshade

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 07:12:15 pm »

Well, I don't know what you guys did, but one of the updates that came down basically fixed this entirely. Subordinate stack members are keeping their metadata unless explicitly changed by me either directly or via their parents and not randomly when said parents are played.

So, uh... thanks guys! :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up