INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who do we love?  (Read 8814 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Who do we love?
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2019, 05:13:58 pm »

What about gracenote for TV guide data?  I know emby and possibly Plex have this.  It's just an idea.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2019, 01:01:46 pm »

Personally I would like to see some integration with Plex (or similar program) where the App comes pre-loaded or is available to be installed directly on the smart TV (with no external device required).

I'm a video only user and find running a computer at each TV too cumbersome now (plus the issue where MC doesn't respond sometimes when the program has been idle on the computer for days which means I have to close the program and restart it just to watch a movie or Show).

So I use Plex on the bedroom TV and installed the free Plex server on my MC Server computer.

This x1000

pepar

• World Citizen
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2019, 09:31:44 pm »

A Google search for JRiver Roku lead me to this thread as I am about to cut the cord, so yeah, a JRiver client app that loads onto Roku, Fire Stick and/or Smart TVs would be awesome.

Jeff

Edit: I left this post and kept searching and found that Roku supports limited audio formats that wouldn’t work with my ripped blu-rays. Apparently, a more powerful processor-based piece of hardware is needed.
"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater

Absinthe

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2019, 12:57:01 am »

Plex -  I think some of its GUI could be good, but there's not much that MC doesn't do that Plex does, I think

Plex does (or did) have one nitch that MC doesn't have.  Most smart TV's have a built in Plex app which allows the TV to become a plex client.  This eliminates the necessity to have a PC at every TV and is a nice feature for small office TV's

wer

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2019, 01:11:32 am »

Absinthe has a point...

Although developing apps for different smart tv platforms (LG, Samsung, Sony, etc) might be a steep hill to climb, it would be great to see it.

But how about starting with a JRiver app for Roku?

Absinthe

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2019, 01:30:57 am »

Absinthe has a point...

Although developing apps for different smart tv platforms (LG, Samsung, Sony, etc) might be a steep hill to climb, it would be great to see it.

But how about starting with a JRiver app for Roku?

Probably a less steep hill to start with.  Getting in front of LG, Samsung and Sony would not be my idea of a fun time

darky

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2019, 07:28:43 am »

Probably a less steep hill to start with.  Getting in front of LG, Samsung and Sony would not be my idea of a fun time

knowing how much Europe is after those companies to force them to give updates ( also for phones etc) it seems a waste of time to me.
If they would be forced or we could side load apps to tvs then it would be good to invest time in.

But the idea is great.

ps..love should be mutual...else it gets an obsession :D

Manfred

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2019, 09:34:06 am »

From a development effort PoV non Android TV's OS like LG WebOS are bad because LG does not upgrade older version's of the OS to the newest version. Even my 1.5 year old LG OLED doesn't get the upgrade to the newest version. You must then support different versions. Roku, NVIDIA Shield, Apple TV 4K are the better alternatives. For Amazon Prime I always use my ATV 4K and not anymore my Smart TV OS.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

esotericxa

• Recent member
  • Another Aussie, here to learn and help
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2022, 09:57:08 pm »

Read through most of this. Quite an important topic really.
My suggestions are a bit left field, or guesses but they often turn out well.
Organizations with similar cultures and great really impressive
track records might be interested.
They could broaden their portfolio
 to add a bit of zing or variety to their challenges.
Fastmail (Australia) and Emclient come to mind.
These guys are both smallish, but outstanding talents.

Sys1: W10 DH77EB i5, MC31, RX 550 4G DDR5, Thru to
Rotel RSP1570 Controller, Pana VT 3D 55" Plasma,
4 x Rotel RB981 amps.Spkrs:5x AR6 2x AR7 big Sub (7.1)
Sys2:Optiplex 7060i5 RX-550 4G DDR5 
Sys3:Optiplex 9020i5 RX-550 4G DDR5
Both drive Pana ST 3D 50" Plasma , JBL 7.1 Atmos speakers Via the same Marantz NR 1607
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up