INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imported movie files appearing as documents  (Read 1316 times)

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
Imported movie files appearing as documents
« on: August 13, 2019, 07:18:16 am »

I'm using jatzoo/jrivermc25 docker container on unraid (linux). I recently added my movie and tv library to jriver, however majority of the files aren't being analysed by jriver. What's odd though is, out of over 5500 movies, 4 appear in jrivers Video > Files section with correct keywords, bitrate etc. The remaining appear in Documents with a title and path only.

Any ideas?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Imported movie files appearing as documents
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 03:24:17 pm »

I'm using jatzoo/jrivermc25 docker container on unraid (linux). I recently added my movie and tv library to jriver, however majority of the files aren't being analysed by jriver. What's odd though is, out of over 5500 movies, 4 appear in jrivers Video > Files section with correct keywords, bitrate etc. The remaining appear in Documents with a title and path only.

Any ideas?
Your build needs to be 25.0.83 or later and your container has to be able to reach the internet at least once to download the libav plugin.

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 05:29:48 pm »

I'm running 25.0.88. Container certainly has access to internet. Any way to check for the libav plugin?
Isn't it odd that the import would match 4 movies though? There seems to be nothing unique about the 4 matched movies.

My folder structure is pretty standard:

/Movies/MovieName (year)/MovieName (year) Optional_Info.ext

/TV Shows/ShowName/Season 02/ShowName – s02e17 – Optional_Info.ext

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 09:42:09 pm »

It sounds like the [Media Type] for those files that show up under Documents has been set to "Data" rather than "Video".

I've no idea why that would happen though. But check.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 10:04:21 pm »

That happened to me a couple of weeks back. The files are in "recently imported" but MC thinks they are documents.

I hit the Tag option in the lower left and Tagged them all as video, all good. But 5.5k files seems strange.

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 03:13:57 am »

Fantastic, that did the trick!

Select Files > Tag > Select "Video"

THANKS!

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 05:03:04 am »

Ok, not sure if this is related to the Document / Video thing, but the title of each movie seems to be clipped and is causing problems matching the media, eg:

/movies/A Fish Called Wanda (1988)/A Fish Called Wanda (1988) Bluray-1080p.mkv

title is listed as:

A Fish Called Wanda (1988

The scanner detects the movie if I do an individual movie match/scan and manually remove "(1988" from the search parameters, however with the large number of files needing processing this is a lengthy process.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 06:20:22 pm »

There have been a bunch of discussions about handling a "Year" value in a file name during import. But MC, and its file naming reading function called CARNAC, should have handled those file names correctly. I suspect that something went wrong with your initial import, hence the earlier issue, and now this one.

If the initial import was really mucked up then clearing the Library and re-importing may be the best solution. But if there are just a few little problems like this then it would be best to fix them.

Now, the latest change that impacts this was;
25.0.74 (7/8/2019)
1. Changed: When doing a movie lookup, the year will be stripped from the name if the movie is named like [Name] ([Year]).

That means that a metadata lookup using the "Get Movie & TV Info..." function should fix the problem you are seeing. So;

Backup your Library using the MC backup function.
Select a few of the problem movies in MC.
Right-click on one of the movies and select "Get Movie & TV Info...".

Did that fix the movie name, as shown in the [Name] field?

I just did a quick test of that with a couple of movies for which I altered the name to match the problem you have. It fixed the problem on both. Note that you need to tick the box "Allow overwrite of existing values".

Test on a small number of files initially. If it doesn't work for them you can just use Ctrl-Z to undo one run of the tag changes that "Get Movie & TV Info..." does.
If the test was fine, then run "Get Movie & TV Info..." on larger lots of movies. If it all looks good, run it on the remaining problem movies. Note that the lookup can take some time for lots of movies.

If trying this all goes wrong, you can Restore the Library backup you made earlier.

Note that if the above lookups are just taking too long, and the movie name is the only thing wrong with the metadata, then there is another easy way to fix the name.

Select the movies that have the problem name.
Edit the [Name] field using F2 or right-click and select "Rename".
Enter this expression into the [Name] field;
=removeright([Name], 6)
That will remove the right six characters in the name, " (yyyy", and leave the correct name intact.

You may want to consider this second method rather than do the lookups, as it will be fast. Just make sure that you backup your Library first.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 09:34:01 pm »

Thanks for the thorough answer, I'll try a re-import.
Pages: [1]   Go Up