INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do I get the ratings from MC into iTunes?  (Read 2488 times)

rbmjr

• Junior Woodchuck
how do I get the ratings from MC into iTunes?
« on: August 14, 2019, 03:16:31 pm »

I previously used MCiTunesSynchronizer to move ratings from Media Center to iTunes. However, that software has stopped working. With the release of Media Center 25 I tried the two export options however neither includes exporting the ratings from Media Center to iTunes. How can I get the song ratings out of Media Center and into iTunes?

Joelava

• Recent member
Re: how do I get the ratings from MC into iTunes?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 05:13:02 am »

Ever get an answer here? This user is also looking for help. Me too https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,108660.0.html

rbmjr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 07:38:49 am »

Not yet. While I realize that iTunes isn't a JRiver product they have provided us with "Export to iTunes & iPhone" and "Export All to iTunes & iPhone". Unfortunately neither of those does what one might assume they would do, take data about the songs in our MC libraries and import that data into the iTunes database (ratings, play count, skip count, last play date, etc.).

I have/had been using this excellent iPhone app called "SmartPlaylist" which allows me to select music from my iPhone library much like the Smartlists in Media Center. But SmartPlaylist is worthless when the data isn't available, and "Export to iTunes & iPhone" and "Export All to iTunes & iPhone" just doesn't move those MP3 tags and other data.

I have managed to restore a program that was available many years ago call MCiTunesSynchronizer to limited functionality. That executable when run from a batch file can extract data (ratings, play count, etc.) from Media Center and apply it to a matching record in your iTunes library. Updating iTunes then becomes a multi-step process. Add new songs to your Media Center library, go to iTunes and re-add the folder with those new songs into iTunes. Once the music is in iTunes run MCiTunesSynchronizer to transfer the MP3 tags to iTunes, which then can be synchronized to one's iPhone.

JRiver should tackle this problem.

vbphil

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 08:28:26 am »

For what's it's worth I agree.
Pages: [1]   Go Up