INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why am I seeing an issue with MC25 on a restart of Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS?[Resolved]  (Read 820 times)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen

I have attached a photo taken of my computer screen when I restart the OS, usually after a kernel or video driver update/upgrade. This picture was taken after I opened MC25, waited about 2 minutes, then closed MC25 and restarted the computer. It doesn't matter whether "Caffeine" is running or not - in case anyone thinks that has something to do with it.

Sometimes, instead of just one MC25 icon (as shown in the photo), I see a vertical row of several identical icons and notices. This usually happens after I have been running several days and opening and closing MC25 during that period.

Since I took the photo with my ancient Note3 phone it not a very good picture, but it shows that MC25 is doing something to prevent a restart until I hit the OK to continue button. Before restarting the computer I did a check of the running services and MC was not running or listed in the System Monitor, so I don't know why it's suddenly appearing during attempts to restart.

This has been happening since about MC 25.0.83 or 85, not sure which one.

I'm running the 5.0.0.25-generic kernel, but it was also happening with the 4.x.x.55 kernel branch before the update from 18.04.2 to 18.04.3 LTS.

Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Why am I seeing an issue with MC25 on a restart of Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 04:21:02 pm »

Before you quit, from a terminal do a
ps -ef   | grep mediac
and see if anything is running.

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Why am I seeing an issue with MC25 on a restart of Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 04:50:35 pm »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for replying. Not too long after I made this post, when I restarted the computer I no longer saw the message(s) before the computer restarted. I'm figuring one of the MC25 repository updates must have had an issue. Anyway, I did mention in my original post, that before hitting the restart button I did look at the system monitor and saw no instances of anything referring to MC in the list of services still running before the restart. Neverthelesls, as you requested, I did a
Code: [Select]
ps -ef | grep mediac and saw nothing that would indicate an issue:
Code: [Select]
louis    29243  2869  0 17:35 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto mediac .

So, I'm not sure why  I was seeing the problem, but it's gone now. :)
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS
Pages: [1]   Go Up