INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to include 0 in rating rule?  (Read 1084 times)

Johnz414

How to include 0 in rating rule?
« on: August 19, 2019, 03:36:13 pm »

Hi,

I have been using a smart list with rules allowing for ratings of 0,3,4 and 5 to be played.

However, when I went back to edit the smart list it will now not include 0 ratings?

I tried all configurations to include 0 rating songs but nothing is working?

I want to include 0 ratings since these are the songs that I haven't rated yet and need to listen to them before I can rate them.

So, what has changed and how do I include 0 rating songs so that I can continue to adjust my playlist as I listen to my music?

Thanks,

John

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to include 0 in rating rule?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 03:49:49 pm »

Rating "is less than" 1.

Johnz414

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 10:57:58 pm »

Tried, not working.

wer

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 01:04:32 am »

Tried, working.

See attachment.

Try again.

wer

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 01:05:04 am »

If on the other hand what you want is a playlist that includes 0, 3, 4, and 5, or in other words all ratings except 1 and 2, then you need to realize that the rules created by the graphical builder dialog for smartlists are joined with logical ANDs.

So:
Rating is not 1
  AND
Rating is not 2

See the attachment.

Alternatively, google "jriver expression language" and you can build any sort of expression based search you want, by typing in through the import/export button in the smartlist configuration.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 01:20:06 am »

Oops. Wer beat me. Don't forget how to OR rules together mate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set up an Expression Column in any audio View and put in as the Expression;

[Rating,0]

That shows the raw value saved in the field. I think you will find that for anything unrated, the contents will be blank. An empty field. [Rating] will show a formatted value, such as "? Stars" for blank value, or a number 1-5 for those with Ratings.

In a Search using [Rating]=<1 will work correctly, showing blank values, as blank is evaluated as zero. See https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Search_Language#Comparison_Operators

Maybe in a Smartlist you will need to use the expression;

[Ratiing]=[]

Which means Rating equals blank... Yep, that works.

In MC, the Search and Expression languages work slightly differently.

EDIT: PS. Entering a value of 0 into the Rating field actually clears the field, from memory.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 01:44:40 am »

Yeah, but to OR he has to edit an expression in the editor or be psychic.  It can be done graphically, as demonstrated.

Once we start keying things in, I'm sure we could sit here and come up with 15 different ways to do this.  But isn't one enough?   ;D

And since you love the spell checking Rod, are you sure [Ratiing]=[] will do what you want?  :P

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 08:28:21 am »

There is a stock smartlist "Audio -- Task -- Not rated" that shows all unrated audio.  The rules are: [Media Type]=[audio] [Rating]=0, which means "Media Type is audio" AND "Rating is 0".

Note that if you want Rating=0 OR Rating=3 OR Rating=4 OR Rating=5, you need appropriate OR operators as RoderickGI suggested.  On the rule editing dialog, you need to find correct combination of "()" and/or "[]" brackets.

wer's method works because all three conditions are ANDed together:

Media Type is Audio
  AND
Rating is not 1
  AND
Rating is not 2

On the rules editing dialog AND is assumed if no brackets are used.

Alternatively you can say

Media Type is Audio
  AND
(Rating is 5  OR Rating is 4 OR Rating is 3 OR Rating is 0)
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 07:18:33 pm »

And since you love the spell checking Rod, are you sure [Ratiing]=[] will do what you want?  :P

Yep. If what I wanted was to show all files that don't have a Rating set. Which is the same as Rating=0.  :D

Yeah, but to OR he has to edit an expression in the editor or be psychic.  It can be done graphically, as demonstrated.

I nearly always just hover left or right of the rules, and click to add the appropriate () [] or combination of them. Easy. I assume that is what you mean by graphically.

Yep, there could be many ways to do this.

Thanks Yaobing. I think we are in agreement on what works, except the OP.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 09:19:53 pm »

Yep. If what I wanted was to show all files that don't have a Rating set. Which is the same as Rating=0.  :D

Not when you spell Rating with two i's.   :o

I nearly always just hover left or right of the rules, and click to add the appropriate () [] or combination of them. Easy. I assume that is what you mean by graphically.

That's what I meant by psychic.  I'd love to know what percentage of MC users actually know about adding the grouping marks that way, or how to do it properly.  I've never seen it documented anywhere, especially on the wiki page for the search wizard.  It's a hassle to explain without a video or a whole series of screenshots.  The only way that feature could be more hidden is if you had to hold the shift key while hovering.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 09:42:02 pm »

Not when you spell Rating with two i's.   :o

Doh!

Well, I'm not perfect. Plus my eyesight is one of my imperfections. Plus I use a high DPI monitor. Plus my keyboard is old and getting sticky, so I have to bang it hard to get it to work. Those are my excuses!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up