INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete old versions Folders?  (Read 2781 times)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
Delete old versions Folders?
« on: August 22, 2019, 11:09:22 pm »

I'm running MC 23 and was just looking in AppData\Roaming\J River and noticed that there are still folders for Media Center 21 & 22 in there, using up 220Mb of space. They do not exist in the list of Programs.

Is it safe to just delete these folders? There's another folder in there "Cache" which was last modified 3 years ago (when I first purched JR). Can that go as well?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Delete old versions Folders?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 12:56:04 am »

Yes.

The cache folder (i.e. C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Cache) I'm not so sure of, but if you delete it, I'm pretty sure MC just re-creates it... Yep. MC re-creates it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Delete old versions Folders?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 01:00:53 am »

Ok, thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up