INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can Folder.jpg not be a visible file?  (Read 811 times)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
How can Folder.jpg not be a visible file?
« on: August 24, 2019, 08:41:40 pm »

I have read the Wiki on cover art, and have used it to sort out all the art for my files quite successfully. Using the smartlist, there are no files with missing art.

A couple of things have come out of this, mainly because I am modifying art that is for SACDs or HD CDs in Photoshop. This is primarily because I want to be able to see "SACD" or "HD" or "VR" on the cover art small image (30x30mm) that displays when I use my DAP.

I have the art in C:\2. MUSIC\1. COVER ART\Albums so it is easy to get to (JRiver has been set to that).

It appears that with the DAP the image it displays is embedded in the files, as "Folder". Not within the file-folder itself (like Folder.jpg which is visible) but often as an invisible file or embed. I know this to be the case because when I try to save an image into the file-folder as "Folder.jpg" it very often says that the file already exists and will not let me overwrite it - it insists on saving it as Folder (1).jpg.

That means that it doesn't show up as the altered image on the DAP. I have tried (via Windows) to change the Front Album Cover in the Metadata ID-Tag but it still does not show up as the correct image on the DAP. The only way I've been able to overcome this is to do a Save-as from Photoshop in the file-folder and that does allow the invisible Folder.jpg image to be overwritten. However, this is quite a cumbersome workaround having to go up and down trees (in Albums and also then in the actual file-folder) to save it a couple of times in the two necessary places. I would much prefer to be able to save it in Albums and then copy it over to the file-folder as Folder.jpg.

My question is why is the Folder.jpg very often not visible in the file-folder? Where is this magical Folder.jpg stored if it does not match the image in the Metadata ID-Tag? (and I have tried displaying hidden items)
Pages: [1]   Go Up