INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running multiple versions of MC  (Read 544 times)

Sapphie

• Recent member
Running multiple versions of MC
« on: August 27, 2019, 11:13:58 am »

Hi

I am trialing MC25 and like what I see  :) My 'main' desktop computer is a Mac running OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). The Old Versions page says that the latest build for this version is MC 22.0.43.

If I want to run this version on the desktop but MC25 on my newer laptop, will I need two licences or will my MC25 licence also work with MC22?

I guess the MC25 library would not work on MC22 so I'd need to keep the 'master' there?

I am hoping that MC22 will talk to my Sonos.

Thanks for your help
Lee

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Running multiple versions of MC
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 02:06:19 pm »

Hi

I am trialing MC25 and like what I see  :) My 'main' desktop computer is a Mac running OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). The Old Versions page says that the latest build for this version is MC 22.0.43.

If I want to run this version on the desktop but MC25 on my newer laptop, will I need two licences or will my MC25 licence also work with MC22?

I guess the MC25 library would not work on MC22 so I'd need to keep the 'master' there?

I am hoping that MC22 will talk to my Sonos.

Thanks for your help
Lee
Unfortunately a MC25 license will not work on MC22 and you can no longer buy a MC22 license. You are going to need a machine with at least 10.8 to run MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up