INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make a playlist from a Spreadsheet  (Read 1107 times)

DHF

• Junior Woodchuck
Make a playlist from a Spreadsheet
« on: September 04, 2019, 09:34:34 am »

I use JRiver to create a list of albums - a Smartlist - and export it to Excel.
My wife will go through the list and pick albums she wants for her car.
Is there a way to take a list of albums and turn it into a playlist?

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
Re: Make a playlist from a Spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 04:57:07 pm »

Dear DHF, I tried to find a solution for your request. JRiver is a data based software and cannot export and import simple lists like for Excel. It’s always collecting the information from the background data´s.
But I think I found a way to help you with your dear.
Go to tools > Manage Library Fields > and create a new custom field - see pic "New data base field".
Then create your own smart list - Add then your field which one you created, see pic "Ad your field"
So your wife can pic the songs which one she likes.
Create another new smart list - see "Create new smart list"
This list contains then all favourite songs which one your wife likes and you can sync it with a USB stick for the car –e-g..
Wake up and slow down 😴

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 05:28:06 pm »

Actually it can.

MC can natively output a playlist as a CSV file, which Excel will happily read.  File->Export Playlist  and then just select Text File (CSV) and your field and output options.  By setting your visible fields in the playlist view before exporting, you can control exactly what goes to Excel.

Then Jmone's Data Fiddler will let you import Excel data into MC.  It also has other abilities.
Take a look here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102906.0

DHF

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 08:26:06 pm »

That is exactly what I was looking for.  Great support!

Thanks for the help.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 10:13:03 pm »

Or show your wife how to create a Playlist in MC.

It is no more difficult than using Excel to pick Albums. Easier in fact. She must be using a PC to look at Excel. Unless you are printing the list!  :o

Then you can use Handheld Sync to transfer the Albums and Playlists to a USB stick, SD card, whatever, for connection to her car. Or just transfer them to her phone, which plays to the car via Bluetooth. Depends on the car and phone capabilities.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 10:59:53 pm »

Rod are you going over to his house to sort this out for him when he gets in trouble for disobeying his wife?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 11:51:52 pm »

That depends on who pays for the travel. I could use a holiday overseas.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up