INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 25.0.95 crash on import  (Read 929 times)

adaminsf

• Recent member
JRiver 25.0.95 crash on import
« on: September 05, 2019, 02:54:59 pm »

Hi folks,

Since yesterday, JRiver (25.0.95 on Windows 10) is crashing when importing (took a while to figure out it was the auto-import in the background that was crashing it every few minutes) with:

"Updating library to match external changes...
File 2 of 2"

It does successfully import anything new in my library, but then crashes.  I'm guessing this is due to some corrupt file somewhere in my library, but how do I go about figuring out what/where that is?

Thanks!
     Adam

gtp600

• Recent member
Re: JRiver 25.0.95 crash on import
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 09:41:53 am »

I saw this issue twice this weekend, when importing FLAC audio files on a Windows 10 / MC25.0.115 PC.
On this PC, I have the option "Run auto-import in background" disabled, and I just run the import manually from the file menu, after adding content to my music folder.

I've imported two batches of files this weekend. One batch of 122 files, and another batch of 525 files.
On both occasions, MC25 crashed during the import process 2-3 times in a row, before a successful attempt was achieved.
The program just quits after starting the process, apparently without actually adding anything to the library. I say this because when I finally achieved a successful import
on the 3rd or 4th attempt, the import detail box included all the new & changed files I expected to see.

First time I've ever experienced an issue with file import. The files in question were all ripped with on a Win10/MC 25.0.115 PC, and then copied to a second PC (Win10/MC25.0.115)
which has it's own library. Same process I've been using for years without issue. And yes, the FLAC files ripped OK, and play just fine.
Attached is a view of the Import Option settings (no recent changes made here).

Pages: [1]   Go Up