INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dropdowns in Tag not always displaying correctly  (Read 907 times)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
Dropdowns in Tag not always displaying correctly
« on: September 07, 2019, 07:23:59 pm »

In tagging, when I have something like "Soloists" or "Country" displayed the associated dropdown does not always display correctly.

Sometime when I click on the down arrow to the right of "Add" it will show the full list and I can easily select what I want, but other times the dropdown just shows as a compressed box into one line and my only choice is to manually enter the data - this can be problematic if the list has restrictions. (like in Excel when a cell comment box has been flattened to a thin line after hiding the lines, if familiar with that aggravating phenomenon).

Is there a reason for this, or is it just yet another case of the FenceFurniture weirdo "stuff" (for want of a much more descriptive noun) that seems to happen far too regularly?  ;D

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dropdowns in Tag not always displaying correctly
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 08:08:27 pm »

Do you mean in the Tag Action Window? Something like what is shown in the attached images?

I don't have any Soloists defined in my test Library here, but you can see the drop-down is just a line in the image, whereas I would expect either nothing to drop down, or a blank line that couldn't be selected.

Wait, I'll add a few soloists...

Okay, see second image. I now have a drop down list and each name is selectable. Selecting one puts it into the "Add" field, then pressing enter saves it.

If MC23 isn't working as above, then an upgrade to MC25 would fix it. None of these issues are going to be fixed in MC23, so an upgrade at some point makes sense. It isn't a big step up, and lots of things have been fixed or improved.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 08:27:15 pm »

Thanks again Roderick. Yes, exactly like that. Where you have highlighted the black bar - I often get that when there are already entries in there.

Sometimes when there are no entries (and I want to add some) the box will drop down for selection, and other times not. This can also happen in a field where there are only certain values allowed (like a choice of the six main folders that I keep the music in, in broad categories).

Even more perplexing is that often it will not drop down properly when there are already entries in there.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 10:22:42 pm »

If you have a look through the Release Notes since MC23 I think you will find there have been fixes/improvements in that area. https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 10:38:35 pm »

Ok, thanks. that's good to know. I'm sure you won't if I don't read through that vast trove of info,  :o and accept your word for it! Presumably there will be MC 26 somewhere between Jan-May next year, so that might be a good time to update at the intro price.
Pages: [1]   Go Up